You can access it here. Code of Canon Law: full text, concordances and frequency lists THE CODE OF CANON LAW (1983) (Only the Canon Laws that apply to the Sacrament of Marriage.)

THE MINISTER OF CONFIRMATION; Previous - Next. The requirements for being a sponsor at baptism are as follows: "Canon 874—§1. The Code of Canon Law states that the requirements for being a sponsor at confirmation are the same as those of being a sponsor at baptism (CIC 893 §1). The 1917 Code of Canon Law maintained this impediment with regard to sponsors and baptismal candidates (canon 1079), but abolished it with regard to Confirmation sponsors (A Practical Commentary on the Code of Canon Law, by Rev. 834 - 848) PART I. CANON LAW RELATED TO CONFIRMATION PART I : THE SACRAMENTS Can. My family talked to our parish and they’re not just allowing us to be baptised but confirmed as well. To be admitted to the role of sponsor, a person must: My mother and I aren’t Catholics but my father is. Let’s first look at what the law requires of a confirmation sponsor. I have a bit of a unusual situation.

879 - 896) CHAPTER I. BOOK I: GENERAL NORMS ... Canon 1065.1 Catholics who have not yet received the sacrament of confirmation are to receive it before being admitted to marriage, if this can be done without grave inconvenience. In Christianity Confirmation is seen as the sealing of the covenant created in Holy Baptism In some denominations Confirmation also bestows full membership [1] Contents It imprints a character, enriches by the gift of the Holy Spirit the baptized continuing on the path of This would be fine, except that the 1983 Code did not authorize bishops to establish various ages for reception of Confirmation among their dioceses, although it would have been very easy to draft Canon 891 that way (see, for example, Canon 874 § 1, n. 2). The 1917 Code of Canon Law, also referred to as the Pio-Benedictine Code, was the first official comprehensive codification of Latin canon law. (This practice is not written into canon law.) In canon law the confirmation of a bishop is the act by which the election of a new bishop receives the assent of the proper ecclesiastical authority. 879 The sacrament of confirmation strengthens the baptized and obliges them more firmly to be witnesses of Christ by word and deed and to spread and defend the faith.

In some places, pastors allow sponsors by "proxy" — they are listed in the official Church record, but someone physically stands in for them at the time of Confirmation. ... is governed not only by divine law but also by canon law, without prejudice to the competence of the civil authority in respect of … (?!)

THE CELEBRATION OF CONFIRMATION; CHAPTER II. As actions of Christ and of the Church, they are signs and means by which faith is expressed and strengthened, worship is … Canon Law and RCIA Issues Part II Introduction The following series on RCIA issues, divided in four parts, intends to outline the possible scenarios in which candidates and catechumens may be involved and the canonical solutions offer to them through the observance of the norms of the Code of Canon Law. ง2 The sacraments of baptism, confirmation and the blessed Eucharist so complement one another that all three are required for full Christian initiation. CODE OF CANON LAW THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Canon 879 - 896) Can. CODE OF CANON LAW: The Sacrament of Confirmation (Cann.

… THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Cann.
In June 2019, the Vatican uploaded a new and apparently updated version of the Code of Canon Law to its website. 879 - 896) CHAPTER II. Code of Canon Law Online.
879 - 896) Can.

THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION (Cann. Stanislaus Woywood [New York: Joseph F. Wagner, Inc., 1952], p. 420).

CODE OF CANON LAW See also: Credits. Now, our family doesn’t have any Catholic friends and our Catholic relatives live abroad. THE SACRAMENTS. Prepared under the auspices of the Canon Law Society of America Canon Law Society of America Washington, DC 20064 Codex Iuris Canonici In the process, however, every single link to every single canon has been changed. 879 The sacrament of confirmation strengthens the baptized and obliges them more firmly to be witnesses of Christ by word and deed and to spread and defend the faith. Early on, the issue arose of a would-be Confirmation sponsor unable to attend the actual Confirmation liturgy. TITLE II.

840 The sacraments of the New Testament were instituted by Christ the Lord and entrusted to the Church.

Code of Canon Law IntraText - Text: BOOK IVFUNCTION OF THE CHURCH (Cann.

It was promulgated on 27 May 1917 and took legal effect on 19 May 1918.