In partial epispadias, prognosis for continence with treatment is good. It is the most common renal abnormality, occurring in approximately 1% of the population. KEY WORDS: Diagnosis, double obstruction of ureter, pediatric, treatment, UPJO, VUJO INTRODUCTION Isolated ureteropelvic junction obstruction (UPJO) and vesico-ureteric junction obstruction (VUJO) are two common causes of hydronephrosis in children.

In the case of duplicated ureters, two ureters drain a single kidney.

I passed a large one, which shocked my MD when he saw how big it was. I recently had a more serious stone attack and needed to have it surgically removed. One ureter drains the upper part of the kidney and the other drains the lower part. ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Q51.11 Applicable To.

Normally one ureter leads from each kidney to the bladder. The double ureters in this case is of the incomplete/partial variety. 5 minute post-injection: left sided double ureters; entire course not …

This condition may affect one or both kidneys.

I have a double ureter and have a history of kidney stones. Doubling of uterus with doubling of cervix and vagina NOS; with obstruction Q51.11. The entire course of the ureters can be traced. Diagnosis 256 Double Urethra and Accessory Urethra 257 Incomplete Dorsal Accessory Urethrablind 258 Incomplete Dorsal Accessory UrethraCommunicating with the Urethra 259 Etiology and Pathology 261 Clinical Presentation 268 Diagnosis 270 Treatment 271 Prognosis [books.google.com]. But some babies are born with 2 ureters that drain a single kidney. As long as they both enter the bladder, this extra ureter is usually not a problem. Intravenous urography was performed which confirmed the ultrasound diagnosis of a left sided double ureter. In these cases, one ureter drains the upper part of the kidney and the second ureter drains the lower part of the kidney. Double Ureter (Ureter, Bifid or Double): Read more about Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Complications, Causes and Prognosis. [ 1 ] Most of us are born with two ureters, one to drain the urine from each kidney into the bladder. Ureters are long, narrow tubes that drain urine from the kidneys to the urinary bladder.

The urologist explained that, because of the double ureter, I had a stone that sat in one ureter and continued to grow.

The additional ureter may result in a ureterocele, or an ectopic ureter. Duplicated ureter or Duplex Collecting System is a congenital condition in which the ureteric bud, the embryological origin of the ureter, splits (or arises twice), resulting in two ureters draining a single kidney.