This activity is best used during or after a reading of Othello. Credits: Othello with David Harewood: Shakespeare Uncovered (Series 2) For additional digital leasing and purchase options contact a media consultant at 800-257-5126 (press option 3) or sales@films.com .

Watch Shakespeare Uncovered - Season 2, Episode 4 - Othello With David Harewood: David Harewood, who in 1997 became the first black actor to star as Othello … Shakespeare Uncovered combines history, biography, iconic performances, new analysis, and the personal passions of its celebrated hosts Ethan Hawke, Jeremy Irons, Derek Jacobi, Trevor Nunn, Joely Richardson, and David Tennant to tell the stories behind the stories of Shakespeare s greatest plays. 8 talking about this. Shakespeare Uncovered. The BBC Television Shakespeare is a series of British television adaptations of the plays of William Shakespeare, created by Cedric Messina and broadcast by BBC Television.Transmitted in the UK from 3 December 1978 to 27 April 1985, the series spanned seven seasons and thirty-seven episodes.
Use this video to explore who Othello is and learn about the historical figure who possibly inspired William Shakespeare to create the character.

Shakespeare Uncovered combines history, biography, iconic performances, new analysis, and the personal passions of its celebrated hosts Helen Hunt, F. … Shakespeare Uncovered, Series 2 DVD,Six episodes combine history, biography, iconic performances, new analysis and the personal passion of its celebrated hosts - Morgan Freeman, Joseph Fiennes, David Harewood, Hugh Bonneville, Kim Cattrall, and Christopher Plummer - to tell the story behind the stories of Shakespeare's greatest plays. Development began in 1975 when Messina saw that the grounds of Glamis Castle would make a …
Shakespeare Uncovered explores the still-potent impact the works & world of Shakespeare have today. ‘Shakespeare Uncovered’ explores Petruchios, Othello in blackface February 6, 2015 Gretchen Van Benthuysen 4 Comments When my husband said he would pass on going with me to see Ralph Fiennes in “Hamlet” on Broadway (1995) because “I’ve already seen ‘Hamlet,’ ” I had to re-evaluate my marriage.