This is an example of a WordPress page, you could […] This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. Mary Lou Retton is now 46 and is living in Texas with her husband and her four children. In 1984 Mary Lou Retton became the first American woman to win an Olympic gold medal for the all-around competition in gymnastics. Mary Lou Retton Divorces Husband Shannon Kelley After 27 Years of Marriage: 'I Felt Very Alone' this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Gymnast Mary Lou Retton was born January 24, 1968, in Fairmont.She made history at the 1984 Olympic Games in Los Angeles when, at 16, she became the first American woman ever to win a gold medal in gymnastics and the first native West Virginia woman to win a gold medal in Olympic competition. She is considered by many people the beginning of a new gymnastics era, one of much smaller, compact gymnasts. She was the youngest of five children in a close, happy Italian-American family. 1996: The Magnificent Seven, the 1996 US Olympic women’s gymnastics team, win the US’s first gold medal in the women’s team competition.

The Summer Olympics were held that year in Los Angeles, California, with the Soviet Union boycotting the competition in retaliation for a United States boycott of the Moscow Olympics four years earlier. Ex. Mary Lou Retton was born and raised in Fairmont, W.Va., a tiny coal-mining town.

Retton was the quintessential girl-next-door, reminding everyone of their daughter or sister or niece. Married Shannon Kelley December 29, 1990. Mary Lou Retton went through one of the hardest moments of her life this year: a divorce.

Daughters ShayJa Rae, born April 12, 1995, McKenna Lane He was only 12. It took 26 years before a female athlete got on the front of her own box of Wheaties. I don't need everything but enough to make a basic timeline. Mary Lou Retton. Also Mary Lou Retton became the first American woman to win the Olympic all-around title. Ex. I'm making a timeline, and so I need the events. : 1-26-1968 Mary Lou Retton was born. Mary Lou Retton On The Larry Nassar Scandal: ‘We Were Lied To’ September 14, 2018 Mary Lou Retton sat on the board of USA Gymnastics for eight years and she revealed in an exclusive interview with Access Live that the information that she and other board members were given about Larry Nassar didn’t paint the full picture. It took 26 years before a female athlete got on the front of her own box of Wheaties. Space

Mary Lou Retton. Mary Lou Retton (@MaryLouInSpace). 2 of 2 Mary Lou Retton, one of the first standout gymnasts to be coached by Bela and Martha Karolyi, was the first U.S. woman to win the gold medal in an Olympic all-around competition. I'm making a timeline, and so I need the events. They got engaged in 1989 and got married in a romantic ceremony in 1990. The traditional feminine body type seen up until the 1980s has been flipped in a 180. In 2004 Mary Lou entered the Presedent's Council of Phisical Fitness and Sports.