Apeel Sciences is a company based in Goleta, California whose edible coating product Apeel can make avocados, citrus and other types of fruit last twice as long as usual by using a tasteless edible coating made from plant materials.

The company has not officially endorsed a plan to participate in an IPO.

Apeel Sciences developed and produced Apeel, an edible coating product that helps fruits last twice as long on grocery store shelves.

Available for organic and conventionally grown produce, and an ever-growing number of categories: Apeel is the only proven end-to-end solution for freshness.

See insights on Apeel Sciences including office locations, competitors, revenue, financials, executives, subsidiaries and more at Craft. Apeel uses preventative science to extend the shelf life of produce in most grocery stores, which the company claims reduces food waste and promotes a healthier environment. Apeel protects produce by slowing spoilage-causing water loss and oxidation, keeping it fresh twice as long. It is based on the food additive E471.

Company profile page for Apeel Sciences Inc including stock price, company news, press releases, executives, board members, and contact information About Apeel Sciences Stock Apeel Sciences is a California-based company that’s fighting the $2.6 trillion-dollar global food waste crisis by utilizing advances in materials science to prevent waste in the first place—a sustainable approach to the world’s growing and urgent food demands. I consent to Apeel Sciences using my personal data (including my email address) to send me commercial messages, including emails, about Apeel Sciences products and services. Apeel Sciences has raised $360.10 m in total funding. Apeel Sciences has 314 employees across 2 locations and $360.10 m in total funding,. Apeel Sciences was founded in 2012 by now-CEO James Rogers, Louis Perez, and Jenny Du. The coating's formulation can be modified for strawberries, mangoes, apples, bananas, kumquats, citrus, and asparagus. Provider of edible products from natural plant extracts designed to eliminate food spoilage and reduce reliance on chemicals. If I am located outside the United States, I consent to the transfer of my information to the United States. Apeel Sciences valuation is $1 b,. View Apeel Sciences stock / share price, financials, funding rounds, investors and more at Craft.