This course will lay particular emphasis on avoiding repetition of commonly used words and learning to use high level words correctly. Use the following synonyms and you will not repeat the word twice! Anxiety and unease are two synonyms that can be found in this online dictionary of synonyms. Synonyms must be used with care because readers may assume a new word applies to a new concept.

Synonyms are words with the same or similar meanings and antonyms are words with opposite meanings that are useful for descriptive story writing.

1. Develop Your Ear.

The word bicycle can be considered a synonym of bike. Abbreviation: do. Use of synonyms-thesaurus.com. Avoid repetition in a piece of writing; Enrich your writing. Dispute and altercation are words that are synonyms. Try taking our synonym quiz today to see how varied your vocabulary is. Always Avoid Alliteration: Starting at the individual words in your writing, try to avoid putting words together that sound similar.

Learn some of the most common English words that MUST NOT be used in your IELTS Writing essays. Symbol: ″. See more. Loving and be in love are synonymous. Whether they begin with the same sound, they rhyme or they just generally sound alike.

Another reason to use synonyms cautiously is to avoid the tendency of many writers to repeat key words far too infrequently. The word bicycle can be considered a synonym of bike. Examples of synonyms.

Synonyms-thesaurus.com is more than 70,800 synonyms and 47,200 antonyms available. MINOR - a person under the legal age of full responsibility Example: One possible way of reducing the rate of inebriety among Russian citizens is to toughen the law against selling alcohol drinks to minors. A synonym is a word or phrase that means nearly the same as another one, and its purpose is to avoid repetition in both written and spoken language. Avoid repetition in a piece of writing; Enrich your writing. Note that I am not a professional writer (I am a calligrapher and artist) and that these are simply my own observations and experiences. This site allows you to find in one place, all the synonyms and antonyms of the English language.

Students will also learn vocabulary related to specific topics like Environment, Health, Technology etc.

Loving and be in love are synonymous. Anxiety and unease are two synonyms that can be found in this online dictionary of synonyms.

I believe “word rep.” is the comment I write most frequently on student papers. Avoid Repeating synonyms.

You might even learn some new words! Top synonyms for avoid repeating (other words for avoid repeating) are not to repeat, not repeat and not repeated. Examples of synonyms. Ditto definition, the aforesaid; the above; the same (used in accounts, lists, etc., to avoid repetition). In your daily life, for writing an email, a text, an essay, if you want to avoid repetitions or find the opposite meaning of a word. In this course, Aayushi Rajput will cover the Marking Criteria of the IELTS exam with respect to vocabulary. It is my experience that writing in English is supposed to be edited down to clear, descriptive sentences.

Too little repetition of key words causes more problems than too much repetition. But how to avoid repetition of this word while composing an essay? Dispute and altercation are words that are synonyms.