The Church of Ireland records start in 1845; 1st Presbyterian in 1824 and 2nd Presbyterian in 1820.

His family immigrated to the United States in 1848 and eventually moved to Saint Paul, Minnesota, in 1852. ... Bishop of Ossory from 1178 to 1202, who built St. Canice's Cathedral in Kilkenny. Ireland. Antrim. Ireland was consequently ordained in 1861 in Saint Paul. The most Bishop families were found in the USA in 1880. Edward Kevin Daly, D.D. Londonderry. It is a name for a person who portrayed a bishop in a medieval play, a person with an ecclesiastical bearing, or one who had been elected as a boy-bishop for the festival of St. Nicholas' Day. In England there was the strange custom of electing a "boy bishop" on St. Nicholas's Day, the 6th of December, and some nameholders may well derive from that source.

The Church of Ireland records start in 1845; 1st Presbyterian in 1824 and 2nd Presbyterian in 1820. (5 December 1933 – 8 August 2016) was an Irish Roman Catholic priest and author. Tyrone. Distribution of the Bishop Surname in Northern Ireland by County. Chief Secretary’s Office Registered Papers, 1818-1922.

Tá an leagan Clasby i nGaillimh. I have always been Curious of my Ethnic Background (I'm Adopted/NO family history). Fermanagh. A branch of the O'Sullivans were called Bishop. Bishop is a name whose history dates far back into the mists of early British times to the days of the Anglo-Saxon tribes. Bishop family is from Somerset and Plymouth in England. One year later Joseph Crétin, first bishop of Saint Paul, sent Ireland to the preparatory seminary of Meximieux in France. Walsh, Patrick Joseph (89), Bishop emeritus of Down and Connor ( Northern Ireland) Other Prelates related to Ireland (4) Brown, Charles John (60), Titular Archbishop of … (So they probably arrived in … He served as the Bishop of Derry from 1974 to 1993. The Old Irish name used by the O’Brien family in Ireland was O Briain, which means "descendant of Brian".

origin Bishop is an occupational English and German name, popular throughout Europe with over 100 variations including German Bischof , Russian Yepiskop , and Spanish Obispo . The surname Allen was first found in Ulster (Irish: Ulaidh). National Archives, Bishop Street, Dublin, Ireland. I figured just logically speaking, the last name Bishop, must be from the U.K. just haven't had confirmation. Family Crest Image (JPG) Heritage Series - 600 DPI. John Ireland was born in Burnchurch, County Kilkenny, Ireland, and was baptized on September 11, 1838. Bob Bishop (scout), Northern Irish football scout for Manchester United; William Bradford Bishop (born 1936), American former U.S. Foreign Service officer accused of killing his family; better known as Bradford Bishop; Bridget Bishop (c. 1632 – 1692), the first person executed for witchcraft during the Salem witchcraft trials of 1692

I know this is FAR from accurate.