I read page 457 of Colum McCann's book, "Apeirogon," the last page, this afternoon. Irish American writer Colum McCann won both the National Book Award and the International Dublin Literary Award for his 2009 novel, Let the Great World Spin, but with his new book he seems to have set his ambitions even higher.

The revolutionary life of Dr. Alan Berkman. Colum McCann’s Apeirogon (£18.99) is published by Bloomsbury Israeli-Palestinian conflict explored in Colum McCann’s new novel Author visited Pittsburgh along with the Arab father and Jewish father who inspired his book. According to Irish writer Colum McCann, his newest novel, Apeirogon, is the scariest thing he’s ever written. 457 pages, I spent dwelling in the occupation. Born and raised in Dublin, Ireland, he has been the recipient of many international honours, including the National Book Award, the International Dublin Impac Prize, a Chevalier des Arts et Lettres from the French government, election to the Irish arts academy, several European awards, the 2010 … Like his 2009 National Book Award-winning opus, Let the Great World Spin, and 2013’s TransAtlantic, Colum McCann’s grand and exhilarating novel Apeirogon is filled with symphonic sentences that sing of the human cost of an impossibly complex situation: In this case, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Novelist Colum McCann joins the Prospect Interview this week to discuss his new bestseller, Apeirogon, a fictional story based on the real-life friendship between an Israeli and a Palestinian.He talks to our Arts and Books editor about how he went about researching the novel, learning from the Northern Ireland peace process, and why, in spite of everything, he still has hope. A response to Susan Abulhawa’s review of Colum McCann’s novel, ‘Apeirogon’ July 3, 2020. A Sidelined People: On the Crisis in Palestine. Colum McCann is the author of seven novels and three collections of stories. Set in Israel and Palestine, the novel tells the true story of two fathers who are united by grief: Israeli Rami Elhanan, whose 13-year-old daughter, Smadar, was killed in a suicide bombing in 1997, and Palestinian Bassam Aramin, whose 10-year-old daughter, Abir, was killed by an Israeli soldier in … In this context, a work of fiction centred on reconciliation is a brave enterprise. Coronavirus updates: 3 new states added to NY's travel advisory . By Ruth Gilligan. Randa Jarrar is one of the finest writers of her generation. The preeminent novelist’s latest is a profound prayer for peace. --Colum McCann, author of Let the Great World Spin and Transatlantic " Him, Me, Muhammad Ali is a searing collection of short stories about loving, lusting, losing, and surviving. Her voice is assured, fiercely independent, laced with humor and irony--and always, always, honest." Occupation occupied me, over the weeks I took to read the book. Colum McCann's New Novel Apeirogon Illuminates Both Sides of the Israel-Palestine Divide. Colum McCann is the author of seven novels and three collections of stories. Like his 2009 National Book Award-winning opus, Let the Great World Spin, and 2013’s TransAtlantic, Colum McCann’s grand and exhilarating novel Apeirogon is filled with symphonic … --Laila Lalami, author of The Moor's Account and The Secret Son "Randa … Colum McCann’s new novel, Apeirogon, is out now from Random House, so we asked him to take our writer’s questionnaire. The fathers both lost daughters as a result of the conflict and are now good friends. I don’t know if I’ve ever read a more exhausting book than Colum McCann’s “Apeirogon.”. The heroes of the book are Bassam Aramin and Rami … According to Irish writer Colum McCann, his newest novel, Apeirogon, is the scariest thing he’s ever written. Who do you most wish would read your book? Colum McCann (International). By Hamilton Cain. But somehow McCann makes it work—adding rare layers of precious nuance. Apeirogon (Random House, Feb. 25) is the stunning story of two fathers, Rami and Bassam, who’ve lost daughters on opposite sides of a war. By Sam Risak. After the first few days, I had to put it down, until I could summon the guts to carry on. July 3, 2020.

Colum McCann's New Novel Apeirogon Illuminates Both Sides of the Israel-Palestine Divide Hamilton Cain 2/12/2020. Apeirogon’s flashback-filled narrative unfolds in a single day as two men (inspired … Colum McCann (International).
A New Way of Looking: Colum McCann and the Empathy of His Fiction.
There are very few books being published right now about Israel-Palestine that are worth reading; but this is one of them. Feb 12, 2020 BRIAN STAUFFER.