... type smb://username/shared, where ... Go to the Places and select the Connect to Server.

For this demonstration i am going to use Kali Linux. and select windows share. You will just need to specify the server type by adding the protocol at the beginning of the command. I can whatsoever access the share with "smb://server/share" via the Places, but I'd like having control on the terminal. Please share with others. Here we completely focus an easy way to share file between Kali Linux and Windows 10.
You can connect to a server by opening the run application window with the Alt+F2 keyboard shortcut.

In this article I am going to explain how you can mount SAMBA file system (SMBFS) permanently in Linux.

If you have the right permissions on the remote computer, you can connect to a Windows share from the file manager. Configure Kali Linux File Sharing. db5fx. Once the connection is established, the client computer or program can then open, read/write, and access files similar to the file system on a local computer. Windows share. Is there a way to do this in Kali, similar to \\remotecomputersname\C$ on a Windows Machine? Where: Because of the way Windows treats UNC paths, it’s possible to just execute our binary directly from the SMB share without even needing to copy it over first.

Install “cifs-utils” for mounting the shared folder in Linux. Linux system can also browse and mount SMB shares. Windows computers use a proprietary protocol to share files over a local area network. Create a Share folder in Windows. in Kali 1.06, on the top bar, next to applications, click places .... then click on connect to server, change the type to 'Windows Share' and fill in the rest of the details to suit the network share, once setup correctly, it should appear on the quick list area to the left of the file manager thingie .... or maybe you mean in reverse? Client computers using SMB connect to a supporting server using NetBIOS over TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, or NetBUI. Hope you like my post.How to access windows share from linux. Executing files from SMB. So, enjoy the Windows share folder data on the linux. The process to Share file between Kali Linux and Windows. Just run the executable as if it were already local and the payload will fire: This proved incredibly useful during another ColdFusion exploit I came across. Rab. For example smb:// will connect to a samba share; other supported protocols are ssh, ftp, sftp, http, and https. Enable Windows File Sharing. Anybody any clues? Computers on a Windows network are sometimes grouped into domains for organization and to better control access. Check network connectivity. 2015-04-12, 20:59. Please note that this can be done whether the server is a Windows machine or a Samba server. Listing SMB Share Folder # smbclient –L IP_Address –U username.