So, I’m going to use today’s post to talk about his achievements and impact on the game of basketball. Mikan was the first top center in basketball, wilt was good. Jan 4, 2016 - Explore roschelle_sam's board "George Mikan" on Pinterest.

MIAMI -- The family of George Mikan accepted Shaquille O'Neal's offer to pay for the late center's funeral NBA: Shaq Paying for George Mikan's Funeral - RedFlagDeals.com Forums Rotate image Save Cancel All 4 of them were superstars for the Lakers and impacted the game on and off the court. What the first NBA superstar left behind is no less enduring: the Mikan Drill. $8.00. Difference between Mikan … shipping: + $4.90 shipping . $11.98. @kareemabduljabbar_33 in the late 70’s-late 80’s and @shaq from the late 90’s to early 2000’s. All 4 of them were superstars for the Lakers and impacted the game on and off the court. Free shipping . I mean - the difference between Mikan and Wilt in terms of age, is even smaller than the difference between Shaq and Dwight (Mikan was 12 years older than Wilt, Shaq is 13 years older than Dwight), so it's hardly an unfair comparison to make. Only Mikan rose to stardom in the 1940's, and retired before aforementioned guys like Bob Pettit even played in the NBA. Something interesting I see is that Mikan actually plays a floor game that to me looks more similar to Shaq than to Wilt or Russell. I mean double team even tripple teams couldnt stop him! 2018-19 Panini Prizm Basketball Silver Parallel #285 George Mikan Lakers. @kareemabduljabbar_33 in the late 70’s-late 80’s and @shaq from the late 90’s to early 2000’s. Abdul Jabbar said ( about George Mikan) : “It’s nice that Shaq would say that but I’ve always felt you can’t really compare eras,” “We don’t know how dominant George Mikan … See more ideas about George mikan, George, Love and basketball. Jan 20, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Trilly Trix . With the Lakers, O’Neal more than lived up to the star big-man lineage of George Mikan, Wilt Chamberlain and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar by leading L.A. to a three-peat of titles. your own Pins on Pinterest They are "the big legendaries" for a reason. George Mikan in the late 40’s-50’s, Wilt Chamberlin in the late 60’s-early 70’s. His impact on the court is akin to what Wilt, Kareem and Shaq would do years later. He was the big diesel for a reason, plus he created open shots for kobe, horry, and fisher. George Lawrence Mikan Jr. (June 18, 1924 – June 1, 2005), nicknamed "Mr. Basketball", was an American professional basketball player for the Chicago American Gears of the National Basketball League (NBL) and the Minneapolis Lakers of the NBL, the Basketball Association of America (BAA) and the National Basketball Association (NBA). Free shipping . But i will go with shaq! 2012-13 Panini Marquee Basketball Card #103 GEORGE MIKAN Legends Lakers.

WILT CHAMBERLAIN SHORTS KAREEM JABBAR GEORGE MIKAN KOBE BRYANT SHAQ JERSEY CARD. Kareem and Shaq have maintained their popularity and place in the public’s consciousness, and Mikan is an oft-forgotten legend to younger fans. Destined to become one of the first of basketball's most talented big men, as a young man George Mikan was discouraged from seriously pursuing basketball because of his ungainly height and his acute nearsightedness, conditions that most coaches during the early 1940s believed would leave Mikan hopelessly clumsy. George Mikan was the first dominant big man in pro basketball and set the standard for all future centers. George Mikan in the late 40’s-50’s, Wilt Chamberlin in the late 60’s-early 70’s. 2018-19 Panini Prizm Basketball Red #285 George Mikan 171/299 Minneapolis Lakers. George Mikan. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Shaquille O’Neal and George Mikan. Suggested by SME Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds (Audio) Song Big Boss Man (Elvis R&B Version) Artist Elvis Presley; Writers Al Smith, Luther Dixon Free shipping . Discover (and save!) WILT CHAMBERLAIN SHORTS KAREEM JABBAR GEORGE MIKAN KOBE BRYANT SHAQ JERSEY CARD. $229.95. $7.69. 2018-19 George Mikan #/175 Minneapolis Lakers Panini Prizm Card #285 . 1924-American basketball player. shipping: + $1.99 shipping . $229.95.