I do not add ‘within the limits of the law’ because law is often but the tyrant’s will, … Preamble to the Declaration of Independence The Declaration of Independence states the principles on which our government, and our identity as Americans, are based. The Declaration: What Does Independence Mean To You? We ask visitors on the National Mall about independence and they tell us about the freedoms that are the most important to them. Thomas Jefferson described the term liberty in the Declaration of Independence as “unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. In Congress, July 4, 1776 The Unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America. I would like a lear, thorough explanation, please.

The Declaration of Independence is still important today because it signifies the birth of a nation, instructs free citizens and provides hope for all people who want to be free.

Though some find the language of the time difficult to decipher and a bit wordy, to me it is a classic piece of journalism that answers the who, what, where, when, why and how of the conditions that led to a Revolution. To be endowed infers that whatever is given is a gift.

Declaration of Independence.
I hope our leaders take the time to read it. When armed conflict

The Declaration of Independence was the first formal statement by a nation’s people asserting their right to choose their own government.

If you use a source, please provide a link because that would be a We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. I think it's an inspiring document. The Declaration of Independence paved the way for the Constitution that would follow more than a decade later. What does "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" really mean in the Declaration of Independence?

I’ve always been a fan of the Declaration of Independence as a written work. The term "endowment" is often used to describe the provision of a permanent fund or source of income.

The men who founded America were a combination of idealists as well as opportunists and heroes.