The game was released on May 31, 2005 for Xbox and on August 9, 2005 for Microsoft Windows.

Advent Rising has a deep story line that will draw you in quickly, but the frame rate drags the whole game down. Advent Rising has its ups and downs for sure, but to be honest the game just really never got itself away from the problems, and that really was the downfall for this game. By. When it was released, there was a $1,000,000 play and win contest through Xbox Live. A major aspect discussed in the Xbox version of Advent Rising was an aiming system called Flick Targettting. Advent Rising – PC – Review. Advent Rising is a sci-fi shooter with a storyline penned by author Orson Scott Card, whose video game credits include The Dig and the Monkey Island series of adventure games. I’ll just say this up front; Advent Rising is a gem, but a flawed one. Posted on August 3, 2005.

Hide graph . Advent Rising is the first part of what was supposed to be a three game trilogy developed by GlyphX Games and published by Majesco. Advent Rising, brought to us by Majesco and GlyphX Games, is … Share on Facebook. Filters. Tweet on Twitter. No minimum to No maximum. Advent Rising is an action-adventure third-person shooter video game developed by GlyphX Games and published by Majesco Entertainment. The story is a great sci-fi adventure. I am sure it will still sell plenty of copies with the million dollar giveaway, but unless you have a lot of time to spend sear The soundtrack is nothing short of spectacular and completely immerses you the game, I … Advent Rising is the first of what promises to be an amazing trilogy. Advent Rising Review. To win, you were supposed to download and find hidden Advent Rising icons in game. Advent Rising is a really cool game for adventure gamers and shooter gamers alike. jkdmedia-May 4, 2012. Genre: Action Adventure Appeal: 7/10 Advent Rising may be a very very fun game, but it's low frame rate and extremely high amount of 'action' may turn away a lot of people. I have a 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 3GB RAM, and an NVIDIA GeForce 8600m 256 MB graphics card. The folks at GlyphX have worked extremely hard to elevate their first installment of their trilogy to a level above the norm by using an incredible storyline written by Orson Scott Card. Its story was created by Donald and Geremy Mustard and featured a script Show graph . Excluding Off-topic Review Activity.

To finally see a quality script and quality voiceacting in a video game is a treat. Essentially this allowed players … Playtime: There are … By Ron Burke. Advent Rising tells the story of a supposedly peaceful race called the Seekers. The only problem I encountered was that the game was super-accelerated on my modern machine. Having a loving fiancee and a promising life he is chosen to participate in one of the most important missions in the history of humanity – first contact with an alien race. Advent Rising is a third person perspective action adventure game in which you play as Gideon Wyeth – a rookie space pilot. Advent Rising - Comics Reviews ... Filter reviews by the user's playtime when the review was written: No Minimum Over 1 hour Over 10 hours. About Genre Action Features Number Of Players, Dolby Digital 5.1 Rating for Language, Violence, Blood Summary Advent Rising is a … There's plenty of action, and the story is well written. Video Review. Display As: .