Al Haig and the Reagan Assassination Attempt — “I’m in control here” When President Ronald Reagan was shot on March 30, 1981, chaos ensued behind the scenes at the White House.

Alexander Haig Quotes.

As for now, I'm in control here, in the White House, pending the return of the vice president and in close touch with him. Subscribe Alexander Haig — American Public Servant born on December 02, 1924, died on February 20, 2010 Alexander Meigs Haig Jr. was a United States Army general who served as the United States Secretary of State under President Ronald Reagan and White House Chief of Staff under Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. Make of your life an affirmation, defined by your ideals, not the negation of others. December 2, 1924 – February 20, 2010. "Practice rather than preach.

Alexander Meigs "Al" Haig Jr. (/heɪɡ/; December 2, 1924 – February 20, 2010) was the United States secretary of state under President Ronald Reagan and the White House chief of staff under presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford. Free Daily Quotes. Alexander Haig Quotes. Martin Luther King, Jr. #People #Quality #World “Then came the hostage crisis during which Carter did nothing to rattle the ayatollahs who hung tough until Ronald Reagan was inaugurated, when they suddenly backed down.”-- Alexander Haig .

Dare to the level of your capabi..." - Alexander Haig "As of now, I am in control here in the..." - Alexander Haig quotes from BrainyQuote.com -- Alexander Haig . Alexander Meigs Haig, Jr. (December 2, 1924 – February 20, 2010) was a general in the United States Army and later the Secretary of State from 1981 to 1982. They don’t want to hear any more about it.

Quotes . #Tough #Crisis #Carter “I started out as a Cold Warrior, even my last years in grade school.”-- Alexander Haig I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. Character … Alexander Haig Quotes I think the new generations in America, the America’s youth, no longer care about Vietnam. He also served as Vice …

With no real protocol in place for such a situation, everyone involved had to … Constitutionally, gentlemen, you have the president, the vice president and the secretary of state, in that order, and should the president decide he wants to transfer the helm to the vice president, he will do so.