Triple jump or ‘hop, step and jump’ can be broken down into three phases; the approach, take off, and landing. (i.e. Once you know how to correctly complete all three steps of the triple jump (hop, step, and jump), you'll move closer to mastering it. Here we explain the main points to work on for each stage of the jump: The Approach: 12-18 step run-ups are most common, with more experienced athletes using the longest.

Find high-quality Triple Jump stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. He looked at me and said, “Will, you’re … He won six U.S. long jump championships, two world championships plus a pair of Olympic silver medals. Hand in hand with developing a 'feel' for the event is the need for the athlete to get accurate feedback from the coach and from his or her own individual feedback system. Generally, the sport has to find you. The novice triple jump athlete must develop the kinesthetic awareness of the whole movement before instruction progresses to the individual parts. their own individual … Sport The Brian Viner Interview Ashia Hansen: Hansen sights triple crown `When I jump well, I have tunnel vision or am aware of things around me, but only in slow motion' He went on to coach jumpers, both privately and at UCLA. I was a football player in high school and ran track just to keep my speed right — to increase my quickness. The first step is learning proper technique. Download premium images you can't get anywhere else. But one day at track practice, my coach, Larry Todd, had us all doing bounds — different jumping exercises designed to increase speed and explosion. American Mike Powell broke Bob Beamon’s long-standing world long jump record at the 1991 World Championships, with a leap measuring 8.95 meters (29 feet, 4½ inches). Performing a successful triple jump requires practice and guidance. For that matter, no kid decides to triple jump on his own. Without knowledge of the whole, the individual parts are meaningless. The approach should provide velocity, … Triple Jump Read More »