Hairspray (Original, Musical, Comedy, Broadway) opened in New York City Aug 15, 2002 and played through Jan 4, 2009. The original Broadway ca… Image Unavailable. Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Harvey Fierstein, Kerry Butler - Hairspray (2002 Original Broadway Cast) - Amazon.com Music. (I'm late - I know, never saw the movies nor the play till last summer when it came to town and now I'm hooked!) Shoshana Bean. Set in 1962 Baltimore, Maryland, the film revolves around self-proclaimed "pleasantl… The performances were conducted by Lon Hoyt, with approximately 15 musicians. Denizen of Baltimore. Ruth Brown. Hairspray is a 1988 American comedy film, written and directed by John Waters, starring Ricki Lake, Divine, Debbie Harry, Sonny Bono, Jerry Stiller, Leslie Ann Powers, Colleen Fitzpatrick, Michael St. Gerard, and Ruth Brown.
Tracy Turnblad. Shelley. Jack O'Brien directed the production, which Jerry Mitchell choreographed, with set design by David Rockwell, costume design by William Ivey Long, lighting design by Kenneth Posner, sound design by Steve C. Kennedy, and the many distinctive wigs in the show by Paul Huntley. ... Franklin von Tussle.

I didnt know and was pleasantly surprised to see that Laura Bell Bundy, Harvey Fierstein, & Matthew Morrison was all apart of the cast! Cast (in credits order) complete, awaiting verification. Hairspray Cast Ensemble cast Corey Reynolds Vocals Mary Bond Davis Vocals Hairspray Pit Orchestra Performing Ensemble Lon Hoyt Conductor John Hill Vocals Technical Credits John Waters Liner Notes Marc Shaiman Arranger,Lyricist,Producer Harold Wheeler Orchestration Mark Burdett Art Direction Scott Wittman Lyricist Pete Karam Engineer,Engineering Hairspray was a dramatic departure from Waters's earlier works, with a much broader intended audience. Hairspray's PG is the mildest rating a Waters film has received; most of his previous films were rated X by the MPAA. Sonny Bono. ... Motormouth Maybelle.

After a successful tryout at Seattle's 5th Avenue Theatre, Hairspray opened on Broadway at the Neil Simon Theatre on August 15, 2002. Divine. 50+ videos Play all Mix - Hairspray Original Broadway Cast: Without Love YouTube You Can't Stop The Beat (from "Hairspray") (Version without hidden) (bonus) (material) - … Velma Von Tussle.