For wide angle photos photos of planets in the night sky, a DSLR camera is best. But if we reduce the exposure by much then her moons will just fade away into the dark night sky. The next picture was taken at 700mm focal length on a Canon 300D using an exposure of 2 seconds at ISO 400 f5.6. Adjust the shutter speed and ISO to control the exposure. When it comes to astrophotography, leaving the camera shutter open for long periods of time can be advantages. When recording planetary videos with your DSLR, use the camera’s exposure-simulation mode if available. To my taste, one of the problems with this is that Jupiter is over exposed and so we see no details on her. Simple amateur guide to click photograph of Saturn and Jupiter with any normal DSLR with 300 mm lens. DSLR Camera. Use the daylight white-balance setting. Jupiter and Saturn are bright planets – they have a visual magnitude between +1.5 to -3. Use any astronomy app to find Jupiter and Saturn in the sky. How To Photograph The Gas Giants: Jupiter and Saturn Fast Exposure Planetary Imaging. A DSLR allows you to have full manual control of your camera settings from aperture to exposure length.

DSLR Live Viewing. If you underexpose, your stacked result will be noisy, and might not be salvageable. No telescope required. Photographing the Moon with a DSLR and a Telescope - YouTube

I’ve been constantly surprised at the little things I’ve learned quite by chance.