, English, French, Book edition: Les Troyens: opera in five acts / by Hector Troyens. Find The Metropolitan Opera on Facebook (opens new window) Find The Metropolitan Opera on Twitter (opens new window) Find The Metropolitan Opera on Instagram (opens new window) The last of Berlioz's operas is the Shakespearean comedy Béatrice et Bénédict (1862), written, the composer said, as a relaxation after his efforts with Les Troyens. Genre/Form: Librettos Drama: Additional Physical Format: Online version: Berlioz, Hector, 1803-1869. Les Troyens Les Troyens (in English: The Trojans) is a French grand opera in five acts by Hector Berlioz.The libretto was written by Berlioz himself from Virgil's epic poem the Aeneid; the score was composed between 1856 and 1858. Les Troyens (Hector Berlioz): Synopsis, Libretto, Highlights, MIDI, Noten, Sheet Music. Les Grecs ont disparu…Malheureux roi! Les Troyens (Hector Berlioz): Synopsis, Libretto, Highlights, MIDI, Noten, Sheet Music. , English, French, Book edition: Les Troyens: opera in five acts / by Hector Troyens. , English, French, Book edition: Les Troyens: opera in five acts / by Hector Troyens. Email Signup. The libretto was written by Berlioz himself, based on Virgil s epic poem The Aeneid . Les Troyens, in Holoman's view, embodies the composer's artistic creed: the union of music and poetry holds "incomparably greater power than either art alone". Les Troyens (Hector Berlioz): Synopsis, Libretto, Highlights, MIDI, Noten, Sheet Music. Les Troyens is Berlioz's most ambitious work, the summation of his entire artistic career, but he did not live to see it performed in its entirety. Hector Berlioz’ Les Troyens counts among the biggest pieces of music Berlioz’s libretto is drawn from Books I, II and IV of Virgil’s Aeneid. Les Troyens: Act I, No 10 - "Non, je ne verrai pas la deplorable fete" 13. (in English: The Trojans ) is a French opera in five acts by Hector Berlioz.

Hector Berlioz’ Les Troyens counts among the biggest pieces of music Berlioz’s libretto is drawn from Books I, II and IV of Virgil’s Aeneid. Hector Berlioz’ Les Troyens counts among the biggest pieces of music Berlioz’s libretto is drawn from Books I, II and IV of Virgil’s Aeneid. Les Troyens (Hector Berlioz): Synopsis, Libretto, Highlights, MIDI, Noten, Sheet Music. Les Troyens: Act I, No 11 - "De mes sens eperdus (Marche Troyenne)" Disc 2 1. Written between 1856 and 1858, Les Troyens was Berlioz s largest and most ambitious Les Troyens (Hector Berlioz): Synopsis, Libretto, Highlights, MIDI, Noten, Sheet Music. Les Troyens: Act I, No 9 - "Que la deesse... a cet objet sacre" 12. Les Troyens: Act II, No 12a - Scene et recitatif: introduction 2. New York, G. Schirmer [©1973] (OCoLC)904225315 - Recitative and Aria from Act I, Scene 1 (Act I of La Prise de Troie) of the French opera, Les Troyens by Hector Berlioz Libretto : Hector Berlioz Role : Cassandre, a prophetess of Troy Voice Part : soprano Fach : dramatic soprano Setting : the abandoned camp of the Greeks, Troy, around 1200 BC Range : C#/Db4 to G#/Ab5. , English, French, Book edition: Les Troyens: opera in five acts / by Hector Troyens. 2 Les Troyens Opera in five acts, sung in French with projected English titles by Hector Berlioz THE CHARACTERS (IN ORDER OF VOCAL APPEARANCE) La Prise de Troie (The Fall of Troy) Hector Berlioz’ Les Troyens counts among the biggest pieces of music Berlioz’s libretto is drawn from Books I, II and IV of Virgil’s Aeneid. Les Troyens. , English, French, Book edition: Les Troyens: opera in five acts / by Hector Troyens. 11. Hector Berlioz’ Les Troyens counts among the biggest pieces of music Berlioz’s libretto is drawn from Books I, II and IV of Virgil’s Aeneid.