Taggart (1983 ITV TV Series) Taggart was a Scottish detective drama created by Glenn Chandler, who wrote many of the episodes, and made by STV Productions for the ITV network.

The original run of the programme was from 6 September 1983 to 7 November 2010. Modern British mysteries are becoming increasingly unwatchable. The likes of Laura Fraser, Robert Carlyle, Dougray Scott, Julie Graham, Siobhan Redmond, Iain Glen and Alan Cumming all made early appearances in Taggart.

A long-running British detective series, running from 1983 to 2011 (ITV have withdrawn their funding and until/unless STV can get a replacement backer, we have to call this show cancelled).. Set in Glasgow, Scotland, it had a very bad case of Never One Murder.The series was named after its original main character, Jim Taggart, who was killed off due to the death of Mark McManus, who portrayed him. The show is famous for its gory and dark storylines.

Taggart is the oldest Crime TV series in the world.

I only discovered this show recently and I'm glad that I did. Mark McManus DCI Jim Taggart 81 Episodes (1983-1995) James Macpherson DCI Mike Jardine 68 Episodes (2000-2000) Blythe Duff DS Jackie Reid 47 Episodes (2000-2000)

The series proved to be a training ground for young Scottish acting talent. "Taggart" is a Scottish detective show made for Britain's ITV beginning in the 1980s.

Series 1 is actually the pilot from 1983 plus two more mysteries from 1985. Movies & TV New Releases Best Sellers Deals Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD TV Shows Kids & Family Anime All Genres Prime Video Your Video Library 1-16 of 40 results for "taggart tv series… The series is set and filmed in Glasgow (Maryhill district).

There have been 24 series of Taggart to date since its original episode Killer on September 6th 1983.