1. Method. HSL Colors.

0 is red, 120 is green, 240 is blue. Adjusting Saturation and Color Balance.
Adjust the image's saturation (vividness). Note: Click Defaults to reset all adjustments in the current window.

Mixing a colour with its exact complementary colour can give you an achromatic grey. Colorfulness, chroma and saturation are attributes of perceived color relating to chromatic intensity.

I have to admit, color saturation was always confusing to me. If an item is saturated, it is defined as holding as much water as can be absorbed. Saturation is sometimes referred to as color intensity, a fully saturated color is one of pure color while a fully desaturated color appears as grey. Think about saturation in terms of watercolor paint-- when you barely dip a very wet brush into paint, the results when brushed on paper will be really pale, the color is hardly there. Hue is a degree on the color wheel from 0 to 360. By mixing more or less of the complement, you can lower the saturation a lot or a little.

Today, we're learning about the other magic dial, Saturation! In color theory, saturation defines a range from pure color (100%) to gray (0%). You can brighten colors that have faded with time, etc. As defined formally by the International Commission on Illumination (CIE) they respectively describe three different aspects of chromatic intensity, but the terms are often used loosely and interchangeably in contexts where these aspects are not clearly distinguished. Saturation . This works the same way in photography, if you replace water for color. HSL color values are supported in IE9+, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and in Opera 10+. Saturation (genetic), the observed number of mutations relative to the maximum amount possible; Ocean saturation, more than 2.3 billion years ago: see "Great Oxygenation Event" Physics. HSL stands for hue, saturation, and lightness. Hue. The saturation of a color isn’t constant, it varies depending on factors such as its surroundings and what light the color is seen in. Colorfulness § Saturation, see also: "Saturation intent", a rendering intent in color management In graphics and imaging, color saturation is used to describe the intensity of color in the image.A saturated image has overly bright colors.

Every time I used the slider in Lightroom, it was 50/50 if I guessed right and got my desired effect. Using a graphics editing programyou can increase saturation on under-exposed images, or vise versa. What Is Color Saturation?

HSL color values are specified with: hsl(hue, saturation, lightness).

Saturation. Color Saturation Last week we learned about the first "magic dial" that can be used to make ANY colors go together-- Value. In ScanGear (scanner driver)'s Advanced Mode tab, click (Saturation/Color Balance).