I have listed all the backup and sync solutions below and how it works. Hyper Backup is the backup solution on a Synology NAS and can be configured in many different ways and for many different purposes. The offsite one is to another Synology at a remote office. hth.

I ran into format issues and (reluctantly) used the EXT4 and give up the ability to read the backup … Install Hyper Backup package (if not already installed) 2. Synology DSM 6.0 - Hyper Backup - How to Backup over the Internet Incrementally with Multi-versions - Duration: 17:12.

Alex

I can’t do unattended late night automated backups since … 6. For the USB drive, I would use Hyper Backup - it works very well and can manage the file versioning for you. Synology Hyper Backup USB Drive Setup Data Recovery Support is a highly sensitive topic. Hyper Backup: Data backed up are kept in a database which can be browsed, downloaded or restored with tailor-made multi-version explorer on DSM, Windows and Linux platforms. Hyper Backup can do cloud and local.

Portable device protection. The most frustrating part is that this one used to work just fine. Enable Photo Backup in Moments mobile app and back up all your precious memories to your NAS, preserving all your metadata on-premises while keeping original photo quality. Conclusion. This is a How-To on using Hyper Backup on a Synology NAS based on my experience with the product. Your investment optimized. I then try USB Copy. You should find the backup then has a viewable folder/file structure as per the original source.

In this post we will cover the File station replication and in future posts, we will cover the rest of the backup/Replication features. Enjoy hundreds of amazing Synology NAS packages designed for your unique needs: backup, business, multimedia, collaboration, surveillance & more. If you want to manage backup disk space, you can click Scheme and choose an option you like. 2. This area is where you can also apply backups to … Confirm everything and choose Save settings and run backup. If you want to automatically backup files to Synology, you can click Schedule and select a Schedule settings from the drop-down menu. Scroll down the list of Backup Destinations until you come to Remote Data Copy 4. Compared with Hyper Backup, USB Copy doesn't support the backup of applications or system configurations, and the lack of cross-file deduplication might lower storage efficiency, but this package can start backing up data once an external device is plugged in and ejects the device upon completion of the backup process. Drag and drop files between NASes Click Start Backup. Hyper Backup – The main Synology backup solution. Great article, my backup strategy is very similar to yours, except that am using Synology Hyperbackup for the Synology->USB disk backup. My question has to do with data transfer speed among the different packages. Tips: If you want to do incremental backup Synology to USB disk, click Schedule > Advanced. USB Copy - Add-on Packages | Synology Inc. Products

If you have a Synology NAS device, using Hyper Backup … Or use cloud backup - but 16TB can be a struggle to upload. Open Hyper Backup 3.

There are many ways, and the selection is particular important. The better solution would be to put a Synology in a remote sync and replicate the data or HyperBackup the data to it. Furthermore, I can not choose the two highest value folders I want to backup -- namely the folders used by PhotoStation and VideoStation. Lon.TV 131,826 views There's also Cloud Sync as well. Synology C2 is designed to offer the most integrated and cost-effective cloud backup solution for Synology NAS users.

The review is looking at two different components: Hyper Backup and Synology's C2 backup service.

; Install USB Copy and connect your SD card converter to NAS, and configure auto backups of your photos and videos from your camera or GoPro whenever you insert your SD card. If you want Synology to backup to USB drive encrypted, set with Options. I believe synology updated the app and caused the Hyper Backup to no longer support this feature. It’s people’s livelihoods at stake and can be very intense situation if the individual supporting the recovery process does not successfully restore the file or files. I hadn't considered the proprietary aspect of this app, however I believe that if you specify the single-version task, a straight 1:1 copy of the source files is made, in a non-proprietary format. Select Remote Data Copy, click next, then continue on through the options. Windows 10 should now start backing up to the Synology NAS. So I give up on Hyperbackup. 1.

To solve this dilemma, Synology Hyper Backup provides multi-version backup, while offering friendlier experience and more public cloud support. All data in transit and at rest are secured using rigorous encryption technologies. Backup always comes with a big challenge - how can an enterprise keep multiple versions of backups while minimizing storage consumption?
Synology Diskstations with DSM 6 has several ways to do backups.
Each PC has an external USB drive and a NAS user folder mapped as a PC drive.