Is Theano considered more or less dead then? 2017/01/24: Release of Theano 0.9.0beta1, many improvements and bugfixes, release candidate to coming.

save hide report. This will drastically increase your ability to retain the information. These three provide high-level frameworks for fast prototyping and model testing. However, I believe that the statement "MILA will discontinue support of Theano" is not equivalent to "Theano is dead". Theano is a Python library and optimizing compiler for manipulating and evaluating mathematical expressions, especially matrix-valued ones.

The more the better!

I will try reimplement all Theano models from the course in Tensorflow, which sounds like a challenge but also a great opportunity to learn. Take handwritten notes. New comments cannot … 2017/02/20: Release of Theano 0.9.0rc1, many improvements and bugfixes, final release to coming. It feels like there is a lot of effort going into development of Tensorflow and PyTorch and it feels safe to say that it is not worth studying Theano any more and one should focus on other frameworks. I feel that pytorch and tensorflow, even though they're backed by large companies, they're still lagging behind Theano as general machine learning framewroks (i.e. 85% Upvoted. Now I mostly use pytorch but theano will always have a special place in my heart <3 Thanks my dudes for making it and doing such a good job :)

Write down the equations. Ask lots of questions on the discussion board. 22 comments. 2016/05/09: New technical report on Theano: Theano: A Python framework for fast computation of mathematical expressions. If you don't, I guarantee it will just look like gibberish. This thread is archived. Dang I programmed exclusively in theano for about a year and a half until I understood keras, but still often kept coming back to theano for low level stuff it couldn't do.
I am getting >>> import theano WARNING (theano.gof.compilelock): Overriding existing lock by dead process '83772' (I am process '83854') Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread Abort trap: 6 which then kills Python. Theano itself is effectively dead, but the deep learning frameworks built on top of Theano, are still functioning.

Can write a feedforward neural network in Theano and TensorFlow; Tips for success: Watch it at 2x. How would one go around convincing their research group to make the switch to TensorFlow from Theano? not just deep learning). share. These include the more user-friendly frameworks- Keras, Lasagne, and Blocks.