Battle of Somosierra. January Suchodolski - Battle of Somosierra.jpg 2,900 × 2,158; 2.79 MB. from 49€ /person.

There were several authors who described the battle of Somosierra, one of them was Philippe de Segur. Battle of Somosierra by Piotr Michałowski.PNG 549 × 800; 777 KB.

Date and place. Hippolyte Bellangé - Somo-Sierra.jpg 2,850 × 1,827; 2.59 MB. Battle of Somosierra. The Battle of Somosierra occurred November 30, 1808, in the Peninsular War, when a French army under Napoleon I forced a passage through the Sierra de Guadarrama shielding Madrid.. At the Somosierra mountain pass, 60 miles north of Madrid, a heavily outnumbered Spanish detachment of conscripts and artillery under Benito de San Juan aimed to block Napoleon's advance on the Spanish … The Battle of Somosierra occurred November 30, 1808 in the Peninsular War, when a French army under Napoleon I forced a passage through the Sierra de Guadarrama shielding Madrid.. At the Somosierra mountain pass, 60 miles north of Madrid, a heavily outnumbered Spanish detachment of conscripts and artillery under Benito de San Juan aimed to block Napoleon's advance on the Spanish … The only battle of Napoleon in Spain. Book . Kossak - Wizja Napoleona pod Samosierrą 1916.jpg 400 × 655; 92 KB. 3,5 hours 1+ people Natural landscape. Battles of general Bonaparte and Emperor Napoleon I - Battle of Somosierra. January Suchodolski, Bitwa pod Somosierrą.jpg 2,463 × 1,825; 774 KB.

Involved forces. The Battle of Bailén was a serious moral blow to French arms. Spanish army (13,000 men) … November 30th, 1808 at Somosierra canyon, in the Sierra Guadarrama, north of Madrid, Spain. French army (45,000 men), including Polish cavalry from the Duchy of Warsaw, under Emperor Napoleon the First. His "Histoire et Memoires" appeared in 1873 in unchanged form after death of its author.

The emperor could not remain in Paris, he had to avenge the affront. N & E. Napoléon & Empire. Book now!