$29.36 (5 used & new offers) FREE Shipping on eligible orders. 4 Gauge 25' BLACK and 25' RED Car Audio Power Ground Wire Cable 50' ft Total. New media New comments Search media. I dont understant how I'm supposed to connect the wire to the metal.. does it just have to touch the metal frame?

Bad ground wires are usually attached to an accessory or engine component affected by a symptomatic electrical glitch. Anytime you are doing car work that involves electrical components, you should disconnect the ground cable from the battery first. by Audiopipe. Are a vital component in preventing electrolysis damage to cooling system components! 95. The ground cable completes the electrical circuit and is connected to the vehicles chassis. Wanting to Buy/Trade Head Unit Classifieds Amplifier Classifieds Speaker Classifieds Subwoofer Classifieds Miscellaneous Car Audio Classifieds Miscellaneous Classifieds Classifieds Member Feedback.

If the ground wire is loose, it may need to be reattached firmly; if it appears attached, a voltmeter can be used to locate breaks inside the wire's cladding. The household ground wire, when working properly, should not carry any current at all. Ensure that all electrical components and electronic accessories have a low resistance return path to vehicle ground, including current-hungry electric cooling fans! In order to connect your car audio components, you will need power and ground cable. I read I need to connect it to the chassis but how do I do this step by step? I'm a beginner trying to install my radio in my car but the power keeps going on and off. Anytime you are doing car work that involves electrical components, you should disconnect the ground cable from the battery first. The ground is the heavy cable, normally color coded black, that attaches to the negative terminal of the battery. (Check which way the battery is wired up in a positive earth car, it might have been "converted".) In terms of actual wiring, you want to use at least 14 gauge wire for the body ground (see our ground kit for more info). Car radios tend to use a red and yellow wire for the permanent 12v, and a black wire for 0v (earth), but again the radio manual will be more specific. Ensure that your starter has a low resistance return path to vehicle ground! Chassis ground is a term that applies to electrical circuits and refers to a ground connection on the casing of an appliance or the bodywork of an automobile. $30.95 $ 30. FOR THOSE THAT HAVE THE NOLOGY SPARK PLUG WIRES ----- For my Nology wire installation, I added another ground wire made from 2/0 welding cable, that runs from the engine hood latch over the the throttle body intake. Learn how to properly ground the power/ground wire from your car audio amplifier. 4.6 out of 5 stars 101. This system could be in a car, motorcycle or truck. We literally have thousands of great products in all product categories. To get the best performance from your car audio system, always make sure to properly ground your wires. I searched and pretty sure its my ground wire causing this since I didnt connect it to anything.

In cars with a negative earth then the ground wire will be black, in cars with with a positive Earth the ground wire will be red. The power cable transfers the electrical current from the vehicles battery to the aftermarket amplifier. Four Examples Used: 1) One Screw

i have a 2000 dodge stratus with a dual xdvd8181 just installed and i tried to ground the parking break wire to watch movies while driving but it won't seem to work.