There are a ton of scary stories and creepypastas out there on the topic of lucid dreaming. 9 years ago. And if instead of thinking of a monkey, you think of, say, a demon .

I make the settings and view points change the most. Both represent alternate realities, said Jayne Gackenbach, a psychologist at … Lucid dreaming isn’t just about deep, dark and scary stuff; it can be a lot of fun! You can do whatever you want in a lucid dream, and many people study lucid dreaming to … Is Lucid Dreaming Scary. As long as you focus on the awareness, keep your mind awake and remember that whatever you see from the moment you start sleep paralysis, is a dream. Source(s): https://shrink.im/a0HJj. Question Hello, I have never purposefully lucid dreamed before (the time I did was an accident that freaked me out so much that I woke up), and I was just wondering, when you finally do it, is it scary? If you're interested in lucid dreaming, you may want to take up video gaming. Skeptics of lucid dreams believe these perceptions take place during a brief period of wakefulness rather than a stage of sleep.

While lucid, we know that we aren't, so our fear isn't as great.

Part of the reason for this is merely the science of dreaming itself.

One way to help with lucid dreaming is to realize that you're dreaming. Experiencing something for the first time in a dream . You said "I've heard that if you look in a mirror while in a lucid dream it could make you scared" and that's part of my point. Aristotle referred to lucid dreaming. However, while lucid dreaming, there are certain scary things that you can experience, including – false awakenings, sleep paralysis, seeing scary things, or a lucid dream nightmare.
Do you ever have trouble distinguishing between the dream and reality?

It’s easy to forget, and this is why many people consider this area of Lucid Dreaming to be scary. It is a harmless waste of time and energy, interfering in dreams is like disrupting a therapy treatment walking out in the middle. The physician Galen of Pergamon used lucid dreaming as part of his medical practice.

Electroencephalograms (EEGs) indicate lucid dreaming starts during the Rapid Eye Movement (REM) state of sleep, but different parts of the brain are active during a lucid dream than during an ordinary dream. Lv 5.

In a regular dream, we genuinely think we're experiencing whatever situation we're in. If the repeating song suddenly changes in anyway, then you would take that as a sign that you're dreaming.

Scary lucid dreams can be off-putting to some and many people in the lucid dreaming community have shared a common concern: When they have scary lucid dreams they get so excited that they quickly wake up. Being lucid means we know we're dreaming, and this goes a long way to explaining why these dreams aren't usually scary.

Nothing more. I discovered that if I play a song that repeats in my ears before I gitto sleep, and keep it playing, then I start to lucid dream. Is lucid dreaming scary? The link? Part of the reason for this is merely the science of dreaming itself.

Anyway, if you lucid dream just try it. It is part of the ancient Hindu practice of yoga nidra and the Tibetan practice of dream yoga. Login to reply the answers Post; Jieikobu.
Nothing every scary ever happened but I guess it's because I already experienced positive things before ever hearing about the negative. In some cases, you may be able to control the dream’s storyline.

Now if you had been dreaming, and had thought of that same red monkey, that monkey would have become a real part of your dream. Your wildest “dreams” can come true and you can experience them using all of your senses. well, you have the makings of a bad lucid dream.

One way to help with lucid dreaming is to realize that you're dreaming. The lucid dream itself becomes very short and the opportunity to fully control the dream limited. The lucid dream itself becomes very short and the opportunity to fully control the dream limited. Then it comes naturally for me.