A mere 30g of leaves can kill a dog. ... + Laburnocytisus ‘Adamii’ - poisonous Laburnum - poisonous Lagenaria (bottle gourd) - poisonous Lantana - poisonous; skin irritant Larkspur - see Delphinium According to the listing of toxic plants at the Cornell University Poisonous Plants Informational Database, Laburnum anagyroides (common laburnum) is poisonous to cattle, dogs, humans, horses, and swine and the poisonous substance, cytisine, is … A genus of between 2 and 4 species of small deciduous trees in the Fabaceae (Fabaceae) family, native to Southern Europe where they are found in montane habitats.They have trifoliate leaves typical of members of the legume family and pendulous sprays of bright yellow pea-like flowers from late Spring have trifoliate leaves typical of members of the A mere 30g of leaves can kill a dog. There are two species of Laburnum – the Common and Alpine Laburnum.

Chewing on the seed pods, not the seed, is not known to be harmful.

Even chewing laburnum bark or twigs can affect a dog. ANSWER: I don't definitively provide any information on possibly poisonous plants in the garden.I simply don't have an in depth knowledge of the subject. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. Laburnum: (Cytisus alpinus) All parts of this plant are poisonous, but especially the seeds. Even chewing laburnum bark or twigs can affect a dog. Laburnum alpinum—alpine laburnum (southern Europe) Laburnum caramanicum—broom laburnum (southeast Europe) They are all deciduous trees that have yellow flowers that resemble pea flowers on hanging vines. Sometimes, just eating a small amount of seeds may cause no bad effects, but other times it has been known to be fatal.

Concerned about the poisonous nature of laburnum seeds I have been fishing them out daily and have cut back one over-hanging branch. All parts of any laburnum are poisonous, if ingested, and the pods are particularly harmful to dogs and children that break the seeds in chewing. The main toxin is reportedly cytisine, a nicotinic agonist. Yew: (Taxus baccata and related species) Nearly all parts of the plant are harmful, including dried clippings. Yew: (Taxus baccata and related species) Nearly all parts of the plant are harmful, including dried clippings. My question is, can a seed pod or leaf leach poison into the water? A small of number common garden plants are more toxic and could cause severe poisoning (see plant list below) Contact hazard. Date: 01 April 2020 From: Mary W QUESTION: My laburnum tree is close to my vegetable bed.