I first had a lucid dream in college but didn't know it was something I could get better at. During a lucid dream, the dreamer may gain some amount of control over the dream characters, narrative, and environment; however, this is not actually necessary for a dream to be described as lucid. Hypnagogia, also referred to as "hypnagogic hallucinations", is the experience of the transitional state from It increases … The experience is something like waking up in your dreams. Mind Awake provides the tools you need to lucid dream. Some people can apparently develop lucid dreaming to a very high level. It is as though you “come to” and find you are dreaming. Lucid dreams are dreams in which you know at the time that you are dreaming. A lucid dream is a dream during which the dreamer is aware that they are dreaming.

That they are different from ordinary dreams is obvious as soon as you have one. After following Mind Awake's steps and paying close attention to the app, I have been able to lucid dream almost on command. David Jay Brown, a science-fiction author and psychonaut, reports that he first experienced lucid dreaming as a …

By Rebecca Turner- take our free lucid dreaming course. If you're considering lucid dreaming, check out the Mind Awake App! Normally in dreams, just like with life, we can not control the events or course of action happening with us. In regular dreams, we also are pretty much always unaware of the fact that we are dreaming. The coolest brain hack I've ever experienced is the Wake Induced Lucid Dream - or WILD. A lucid dream is a little bit different than regular dreams.

Reality testing, or reality checking, is a form of mental training. Reality testing.

The name says it all: during a WILD, you literally hand-off your awareness from a physically waking state directly into a sleeping lucid dream state.