When hooking up a CB radio one of the many decisions to figure out is how to wire it up for power. These harnesses often consist of a basic wiring scheme that has wires long enough to reach the necessary destination. A radio often has only one ground wire so I highly doubt both black wires are ground.
I bought the harness so I wouldn't have to cut any wires. Many car stereo wiring harnesses will have a screw type connector at the end of the ground wire. The stereo has been installed for a couple days now and has been working fine, but I was wondering if I was correct in connecting the two ground wires together. So I got a new car stereo and got everything in the car and ready for the wiring harness to be connected, but I have not connected the two wiring harnesses together yet because im a bit confused. The engine to chassis bonding wire had broken.

The positive wire needs a 13.8VDC power source and the negative wire is your ground wire. Confirm by testing direct to battery first. A good radio working properly may pick up a station or two without an antenna connected but reception will be weak and likely very noisy. The majority of CB radios have two wires, a positive wire (red) and a negative wire (black). A fuse in its ground would have blown to protect the radio. Also the radio has a blue power antenna wire … I'm installing a new aftermarket radio into my car. The factory radio has two antenna wires, one tan and one white. If a ham radio had been installed with direct battery connection, it would have been the ground connection. Do they make an adapter that plugs into both the tan and the white? The harness that goes to the car has many more wires than the one that came with the radio. I am installing a double din radio in my 2006 Jetta 2.5. If for some reason your current stereo was not grounded through a wire (the diagram on the back of the wiring adapter kit will tell you) you can ground the car stereo by finding a screw under there to which this wire can be attached. The radio, if it is suitable for amplification, will have two or four plug-in connections marked audio out and one antennae connection. In that case, you’ll use speaker wire to connect your head unit to your amps, and you’ll either need power amps with speaker-level inputs or a line output converter to provide you with line-level inputs for your amps. So is it possible that some stuff just wont be connected? Every antenna adapter I find only has one adapter on it. I connected all the matching color wires so far and left the ones I don't need. I now have 1 black wire from the harness and 1 black wire from the stereo wires. Here is how common ground speaker wiring needs to be done, Both when adding a … The radio will have two power wires, one for memory and one for the main power. Most radios that require an external antenna have an "antenna" and "ground" post terminal at the chassis rear, some may have a couple of wires coming out of the chassis.

What do you do when the radio has five speaker wires and the speakers total eight?

Use an inline fuse. In some vehicles, you need to plug in the harness somewhere other than behind the radio. I matched up all the colored wires from the wiring harness to the stereo's wires, including the two black ground wires. On both of the instructions for the harness and the stereo, it says to connect to a "chassis ground". All the circuits on the chassis side sought out a return path through the strangest routes. The amp wiring situation can be a little more complicated if your head unit doesn’t have any preamp outputs at all. The reason that wiring devices have grounding connections that accept only one wire is that otherwise, if two ground wires were connected to the device, then if someone later removed that wiring device and then re-applied power without wire-nutting the grounding conductors, there would be a break in the ground path for the downstream wiring but perhaps not the hot wires.

Car Radio Ground Wire: Plug #2, Pin #12. It will have two ground wires and six or eight speaker wires, depending on brand.
A great example is a common version of the Ford Taurus, where the factory amp and radio tuner are located in the vehicle's trunk.