No doubt, those feelings of confusion led you to this very article. In the movie, Sister Beauvier accuses Father Flynn of a particular act, and viewers wonder: did he actually do it, and was she justified in her response? However, Sister Aloysius is confident that Father Flynn is guilty even though she has no evidence. In John Patrick Shanley’s Doubt; a parable, he eclipses the truth very well. the movie is about doubt as you can see, that's why doubt is the title. the nun wasn't even sure if the priest is guilty or not. Joined Nov 18, 2001. only emotional people get that unreasonable. Okay, so since I've never seen the play, I was always under the impression that the story left the viewer with doubt over whether the priest did or didn't do it. He had reasonable explanations for everything he is accused of and it seems as though Sister Aloysius is extremely paranoid (great acting) and dislikes his progressive nature. It is difficult to make the decision if Father Flynn is innocent or guilty. nuke Life is Good. The movie Doubt, now in theaters, offers an interesting chance for a disagreement case study. ... that Father Flynn was either guilty or innocent.
do you think father flynn was guilty or innocent. The documentary is the latest segment of A&E's new series "Accused: Guilty Or Innocent?" That the priest seems innocent, that Sister James comes to believe she was mistaken in her suspicions, means nothing. For Aloysius, Flynn is certainly guilty. Aug 10, 2009 ... guilty, the nun was right". There is no right or wrong answer. The name of the movie is Doubt. I have always felt, with great confidence, that when she says "I have such doubts" she is doubting the correctness and righteousness of her religion and the Church, because she doesn't doubt that Father Flynn has done something bad. So what say the rest of you? Doubt and certainty are prominent themes due to the fact that the character of Sister Aloysius does not have enough evidence to prove that Father Flynn is guilty. The scenes about the toy, the camping trip and the undershirt cause much confusion; causing the audience to go back and forth in their minds and doubt Father Flynn.
do you think father flynn was guilty or innocent. ... we will probably never know for certain one way or the other if Michael Peterson was guilty or innocent. I think Father Flynn was innocent. which offers viewers a behind-the-scenes look at … However, by the end of the movie I was pretty certain the priest was guilty; especially since he resigned and after the discussion he had with the sister superior. Doubt: A Parable Do you think Father Flynn was guilty or innocent? Directed by John Patrick Shanley from his Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play, it is about the title word, doubt, in a world of certainty. The reactions to this movie baffle me. But, add into it an "over-zealous" nun, with a rather "strong" personality & more old-fashioned beliefs who seems somewhat "annoyed" with the subservient role of women in the Catholic Church.

In the movie Doubt, the idea of certainty versus doubt is a central theme to the story. I don't think the movie is about the priest being guilty or not. do you think father flynn was guilty or innocent.

Written by Steve ‘Frosty’ Weintraub Already playing in limited release and expanding on Christmas Day is John Patrick Shanley’s movie “Doubt”. The entire movie portrays her as having an uncanny, almost mystical, hawk-like ability to detect Father Flynn's badness.