1. Full accessed dir; Limited dir; Sponsored Link. Now if I double click the network icon, I don't see any machines except my local client laptop. In order for Samba to be reachable from Windows and Linux hosts, you have to make sure that ports 139 and 445 are open on your firewall. 8,485 16 16 gold badges 42 42 silver badges 55 55 bronze badges. systemctl restart smb.service. # sudo restart smbd # sudo restart nmdb samba.

Braiam . Samba is Linux implementation of SMB/CIFS protocols. You can also use the Service Configuration tool to start Samba automatically, although frankly, the chkconfig command is easier to use. LinuxQuestions.org > Forums > Linux Forums > Linux - Newbie: Samba restart command? The most common way to use Samba is configured as a file server. In order to connect to your share, unless you're only using guest access, you're going to need to set up Samba user accounts. Samba uses TCP/IP protocol. share | improve this question | follow | edited Jan 25 '14 at 19:59. I have a file server running Linux and Samba. You can also connect to your Samba server using Linux machines as long as they have SMB client software installed (yum install samba-client).Samba can be as complicated or as simple as you like - basic configuration will be covered on this page. Adding a Linux user account. This is done via the commands ‘useradd [username]‘ and ‘passwd [username]‘.

Samba is a Suite of programs that allow you to create and access to network drives and shared folders on same or different operating systems.

Samba allows interoperability between Linux and Window. Lets say I name my samba server ABC and set it up via system-config-samba utils. Now you can access the RHEL 8 secured folder from windows, open Run prompt by pressing win + r key on your keyboard Then type \\SAMBA-SERVER-IP and press enter key. Samba is a program that will allow Windows computers to access files and printers residing on a Linux (or other Unix-like) system. The restart option is a quick way of stopping and then starting Samba. Note that the restart option starts the daemon even if it was not running originally. asked Nov 14 '11 at 7:45. user784637 user784637. Samba: Other: Privileged access to your Linux system as root or via the sudo command. Click the Customize button. Samba allows Linux to interact with Window client, Server, member of Active Directory, Primary domain controller, or member server.

Welcome! I upgraded to Windows 10. 59.2k 22 22 gold badges 156 156 silver badges 238 238 bronze badges. Note that the restart option starts the daemon even if it was not running originally.

My samba server IP is 192.168.130.152 so i will use \\192.168.130.152

For Fedora 22 and newer, and probably CentOS 8 and RHEL 8 and newer, install Samba: dnf install samba samba-client -y.

It's super quick, and only takes a single command. This brings up a dialog box that lists five run levels.