7 Days in Switzerland Itinerary Map View . Traveling Switzerland by rail gives you a front row seat to one of the most beautiful countries in the world. 30 Pictures That Will Make You Want to Visit Switzerland. Use the first nine days of the 10-day Switzerland travel itinerary above for the first part of your trip and then add the following days: Day 10 – Travel Zermatt to Lugano. The Swiss Alps, lakes, scenic train rides, chocolate, cheese, and charming towns. One of the best things about traveling through Switzerland is that it is so compact.

The Swiss Riviera . If you plan to visit Switzerland anytime soon, we have put together a list of useful travel itineraries here starting with a short 3-day Switzerland itinerary going up to a detailed 7 days Swiss itinerary that will allow you to experience the scenic country at leisure. The Bottom Line. The biggest challenge when coming to Switzerland is not in choosing what to see. Read More About Switzerland. When I was planning our 15-day Switzerland itinerary via train, I figured after each long travel day, we would have 1 day to rest and stay in 1 place. Make sure to keep an eye out for the new Switzerland travel itinerary blog posts I publish from time to time. Days 1 – 2: Lucerne, Switzerland. Climb aboard for an epic public transit tour of Switzerland. This seven-day itinerary is a celebration of all things transport: trains, boats, buses, zip lines, cogwheel trains, funiculars, and more. Seconds. 10 Days in Switzerland Itinerary Map View . Three Days in Zurich. Italy and Switzerland itinerary: Day 10 – Zurich and return trip Before going back home, take some time to visit the Beyer Clock and Watch Museum of Zurich : other than seeing a private collection of precious watches, you’ll have the chance to learn more about the history of timing equipment, which has always been Swiss excellence. The trip plan is great for family travel to Switzerland or for traveling as a couple or with friends. Initially, Switzerland wasn’t included in our itinerary, but after adding France & more places in Northern Italy, we just couldn’t pass over the opportunity to achieve one of our biggest travel goals — see the Swiss Alps.

Climb aboard for an epic public transit tour of Switzerland. High summer (July–August) has its advantages: the best weather, snow-free alpine trails, very long days (light until after 21:00), and the busiest schedule of … Read More About Switzerland. 7 Days Switzerland Itinerary. So, in this post, I will give you what I consider to be the most amazing road trip itinerary for anyone visiting Switzerland. With 2 weeks in Switzerland, you have a bit more breathing time, and you can take in less touristy cities like Basel as well as more esoteric destinations, such as Gruyères of cheese fame and folk culture capital Appenzell. Don’t miss: If you’re only in town for a few hours, then walk the quaint lanes of the Old Town and take in the beautiful scenes along the waterfront. Three Days in Zurich. Yes, there are so many stunning destinations, it can be hard to choose the ones for your Switzerland itinerary. I have also pinned down some of the main cities that you may want to stay in when visiting the Jungfrau region such as Murren, Wengen …

Switzerland's summer "tourist season" runs roughly from May through September, though in mountainous areas, it doesn't start until sometime in June. The following Switzerland itinerary is doable within seven full days and includes a bit of everything Switzerland has to offer. The trip plan is great for family travel to Switzerland or for traveling as a couple or with friends. Lucerne may have all the trappings of a large Swiss city, but there’s still a small town charm to this beautiful destination that makes it incredibly appealing. ::: Days. This pass covers all of the train routes in this itinerary including the boat ride between Lucerne and Mt. One day you’re lounging by one of the most spectacularly beautiful lakes in the world, and the next you’re admiring the snaking, icy length of a glacier. To travel within Switzerland and for this itinerary, in particular, there are 2 options for the rail pass to consider: Option 1 is the 8 Consecutive Day Swiss Travel Pass for unlimited travel the entire week you are in Switzerland. 30 Pictures That Will Make You Want to Visit Switzerland. Minutes. Switzerland was one of the countries that I visited on my first Euro Trip.