Five Reasons Why Buying an Electric Vehicle is a Good Idea. Buy an Electric Car|Why Leasing Companies Don’t Like Hybrids and Electric Cars|Top 5 EV Cars in the. Check out the Fuel Cost Savings Calculator on the My Electric Car website. Here is why you should consider buying an electric car. Cheaper to maintain. Consider what you expect to get out of an electric car, and whether or not you have a gas-powered backup car available to use in case of emergencies. Owning an electric car means never having to take the vehicle in for oil changes and tune-ups, and there are far fewer moving parts that would eventually fail and need replacing.

5 Reasons Why You Should Buy an Electric Vehicle November 15, 2013 / 0 Comments / in Community , Electrical , Sustainable Living / by Lisa For the last 100 years car drivers have relied on combustion fuels like oil and diesel to move their vehicles.

Why should you buy an electric car and have range anxiety, since you have enough gas stations to charge a conventional vehicle. But if you're still on the fence about whether or not to buy an electric vehicle, here are 5 reasons why you should.

An Electric Car Could Be Right for You Although electric vehicles (EVs) have been getting more attention lately, and some believe they’re the way of the future, adoption is slow. #5 Travels less distance with one charge. As days pass by, electric cars become more popular and adopted by more people and companies as their preferred means of transportation. While hybrids have become commonplace on the freeways in recent years, the latest tweaks to the green car formula — the plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV) and fully electric vehicles — aren't as common, with sales accounting for less than 1 percent of all new car sales. There are still many people who just don’t believe EVs can replace gas cars.

I still remember fondly the day when I broke my first RC car that’s shown to me on my own 5th birthday when the entire family is at vacation in Queensland! These cars rely on being charged up to run. When we say ‘electric car’, we’re talking about battery-powered electric vehicles or EVs.

Electric car buying guide: What you need to know before you buy Why charging speed is as important as range for owners of electric cars Fastest-accelerating electric cars

It used to be that if you wanted an all-electric car, you had to take out a loan on an arm and a leg just to have the chance to look at someone who was thinking about taking a test drive in a Tesla. Here's why. A battery electric vehicle (BEV) has a lot less moving parts than a conventional petrol/diesel car.

I decided to take a risk and plug in. EVs use a simple one-speed transmission and eschew wear-and-tear items like spark plugs, valves, muffler/tailpipe, distributor, starter, clutch, drive belts, hoses, and a catalytic converter. There is relatively little servicing and no expensive exhaust systems, starter motors, fuel injection systems, radiators and many other parts that aren’t needed in an EV. One of the disadvantages of an electric car is the shorter distance that they can travel with a fully charged battery.

Search for electric charging stations near you. The biggest, most obvious benefit of buying an electric car is the fuel cost savings.