The ground wire for the stereo will be black, as will its corresponding wire from the car. Before you begin, you will need the following supplies. Connecting 2 ground wires together? I matched up all the colored wires from the wiring harness to the stereo's wires, including the two black ground wires. This model includes (1) sets of RCA cables. Recently, I installed an aftermarket stereo (Pioneer FH-X720BT) in my 2002 Honda Accord. You can also check for the ground wire with a test light, although it’s a better idea to use an ohmmeter if you have one.

Features: Rockville RWK81 8 Gauge 2 Channel Car Amplifier Wiring Installation Kit (1) 17’ High Grade Twisted Pair of 100% Copper RCA Cable; 17’ 8 Gauge Translucent Blue Super Flex Power Cables ; 17’ 18 Gauge Blue Remote Cable; 17’ 16 Gauge Clear Speaker Wire; 3’ 8 … To prevent cutting factory wires, I bought a wiring harness to connect to the stereo's wires.

It has blue power wire, clear ground wire, and twisted pair RCAs with matching colors. You just have to connect the ohmmeter to a known good ground and then check each of the wires in the car stereo harness for continuity. The one that shows continuity is your ground, and you can move on.

1X Car Audio Power Cable Distributor Block. After connecting all the wires, two wires will remain in the harness outplay head unit and that will be the ground wires (earth wires) these are mostly black colored, these wires are for the connection with direct chassis of the stereo. Install Your Own Car Stereo With MP3 Player. Cable entry: 4 x to 10mm² and 1x to 16mm². Many years of corrosion-free power transmission. … Two of the wires should give you a reading of between 10-14 volts. The adapter harness has power and ground wires in both locations either because the factory radio plug has two wires, or because the factory plug may have a wire in either location. Most car stereos will require the following connections: The power wire coming from the stereo is usually red, and likely will connect to a red wire from the car. If you don't find at least one showing 10-14 volts, recheck the fuses in the car fusebox properly with a meter, as it is possible for a fuse wire to melt without blowing, but cause a high resistance and thus lower volts. 2000 Acura Integra car stereo wire colors, functions, and locations So must ensure to ground your stereo by connecting it with this earth wire properly.