She was arrested, tried with 33 others by a German military court,… Frederick Cavell and his wife Louisa Sophia, was born on December 4, 1865 at Swardeston, Norfolk, England. She is celebrated for helping some 200 Allied soldiers escape from German-occupied Belgium during World War I, for which she was executed. She and Belgian and French colleagues helped over 200 Allied soldiers escape from German-occupied Belgium. Louisa was born on June 6 1835, in Norfolk, England. Welcome to edithcavell.org.uk, commemorating Edith Cavell, the World War I British nurse who is celebrated for saving the lives of soldiers in Brussels from all sides without distinction. EDITH LOUISA CAVELL, first child to the Rev. Even though the family only had a meager earning, her parents taught her to share with others in need. The house in which Edith grew up and knew as her home. She told those closest to her that “at a time like this, I am more needed than ever” and made plans to return to Belgium. Cavell entered the nursing profession in 1895 and in 1907 was appointed the first matron of the Berkendael Institute, Brussels, where she On the morning of October 12, 1915, the 49-year-old British nurse Edith Cavell is executed by a German firing squad in Brussels, Belgium. Early Origins of the Cavell family. Edith Cavell became the first matron of the Berkendael Institute in Brussels. The surname Cavell is a nickname for a bald person. The Vancouver School Board is committed to parent, family and community engagement, and it is our hope that by providing this tool on our website that we are making our information more accessible to families whose first language is not English and thereby enabling better engagement in public education. Edith … Edith was born Edith Louisa Cavell on December 4, 1865, in Swardeston village, Norfolk, England.

Edith's family urged her to stay in England, but she believed duty demanded that she return to the hospital in Brussels. Discover the real story, facts, and details of Edith Cavell. Full name: Edith Louisa CavellBorn: 4th December 1865
Hometown: Swardeston, Norfolk, England. Childhood & Early Life. The Outbreak of War. The birthplace of Cavell was located in Swardeston. Explore Edith Cavell's biography, personal life, family and cause of death.

Cavell entered the nursing profession in 1895 and in 1907 was appointed the first matron of … The surname Cavell is a diminutive of the Old French words chauf and cauf, which mean bald. On the morning of October 12, 1915, the 49-year-old British nurse Edith Cavell is executed by a German firing squad in Brussels, Belgium. Edith Cavell, English nurse who became a popular heroine of World War I and was executed for assisting Allied soldiers in escaping from German-occupied Belgium. I grew up being told about Edith Cavell. She was baptised by her father, at Swardeston Church on February 4, 1866. She had two sisters, Lillian and Florence, and a brother, John. A British clergyman’s daughter born in Norfolk in 1865, she would become not only a nurse, but a symbol of humanity in the face of war. Edith Cavell, English nurse who became a popular heroine of World War I and was executed for assisting Allied soldiers in escaping from German-occupied Belgium.

https://primaryfacts.com/2780/edith-cavell-facts-and-information Edith Louisa Cavell (4 December 1865 – 12 October 1915) was a British nurse and humanitarian.