The candidacy process is the ELCA's process for selecting and preparing rostered leaders for ministry.

diakonia: Local opportunities for theological study. CANDIDACY. Become a Part of the Candidacy Committee!

But first, some things to consider... Discernment is not just another word for deciding. We are an intentional community of womxn* deacons on the roster of Word and Service in the ELCA. Deacon Laura Gifford (Candidacy & Leadership Manager, Regions 1 & 2) Pastor Jimmy Hao (Grace Chinese, Seattle) Pastor Paul Hoffman, (Faith.Forming.Faith Ministry, member at Queen Anne, Seattle) Pastor Erik Kindem (Peace, West Seattle) Pastor Erik Samuelson (Freeborn, Stanwood) Jacob Smith (member at Phinney Ridge, Seattle) Dr. Leslie Veen (Director of Contextual Ed, PLTS) CANDIDACY …

Synod Deacon. Family, friends, congregations, ministry organizations, synods, seminaries and staff from the churchwide organization all play important roles in this process.

Candidacy Committee Deacon Shelley Allen, Chair Dr. Ruth Hamilton, Candidacy and Leadership Manager, Region 9 ELCA Ms. Amanda Burke, Candidate Mr. …

ELCA Candidacy Entrance Information Form; Upon receipt of all materials, the VA Synod Candidacy Committee will schedule and Entrance Interview at one of its regularly scheduled meetings – usually held the months of March, August, December.

(Rostered ministers are pastors and deacons in this church.) Candidacy Process (Steps toward becoming a Pastor or Deacon in the ELCA) God calls all of us and each of us to ministry in God’s world. Region 3 Candidacy Leadership Manager. As I was discerning my own call to ministry I realized that I felt strongly called to go to the hurting places of the world, to demonstrate the love of Christ to people in ways that created space for transformation and change.

Some are specifically called to public, rostered ministry in the ELCA. Mobility and Call Process forms: www.elca.org .

God has already decided. Do you have a sense that God may be calling you to serve as a rostered minister in the ELCA? We long for and work towards impacting this broken and beautiful world through our radical diaconal leadership, prophetic ministry on the margins, and accountable relationship within our community. Please email all materials to Deacon Lisa Geiger ... ELCA Candidacy Entrance Information Form. diakonia.

These principles guide the process, which is grounded in a culture of hospitality and nurturing: All partners are accountable to … A synod parish deacon is not an ELCA rostered minister. The Nebraska Synod Candidacy Committee and staff would be happy to visit with you about this process. Rostered leaders include ordained ministers and deacons. Candidacy in the ELCA is the church-wide process of preparation and formation leading to approval for public ministries: pastor and deacon..

Can be a preparatory program to become a Synod Parish Deacon. The The candidacy process raises up, prepares, certifies and places public leaders in the ELCA. I am grateful for God’s call in your life!