Because Dishoom is more than just a restaurant - it’s a phenomenon. There are now seven cafés in London, Edinburgh, and Manchester.

Journal Eclectic collection of things to read, watch, make and do. DISHOOM: FROM BOMBAY with love is an eccentric and charming cookery book, with over 100 recipes for the Bombay comfort food and drink that we love. Benares Restaurant & Bar: One of my best meals ever-Indian food at another level - See 2,963 traveler reviews, 1,342 candid photos, and great deals for London, UK, at Tripadvisor. Through the course of the pages, you will be taken on a day-long tour of south Bombay, peppered with much eating and drinking. Tamarind Kitchen: Good food, stylish restaurant, attentive service - See 482 traveller reviews, 240 candid photos, and great deals for London, UK, at Tripadvisor.

Bacon Naan Roll Kit Make two first-class Bacon Naan Rolls in your own kitchen. I still remember the first time I went to Dishoom Covent Garden, in 2017. Find Indian Restaurants near Covent Garden and get reviews, contact details and opening times. Meal for two, including wine and service £70. This time, it was 1 1/2 hrs wait! Dishoom, 12 Upper St Martin's Lane, London WC2 (020 7420 9320). Dishoom has become a London institution among Indian food lovers – there are venues scattered all over the capital stretching from King’s Cross to Covent Garden – and each one is always packed.

Dishoom Carnaby is a 15 minute walk from its original Covent Garden location and we think that wander is a worthwhile one. This small but comfortable restaurant in the Covent Garden area is well worth visiting. They are located at 12 Upper St Martin’s Lane, London, equal distance from Covent Garden market and the theatre district.On a beautiful sunny fall day like it is while I am in London the outside patio at Dishoom is hopping.

The original Dishoom opened in Covent Garden in 2010, and it immediately changed Londoners’ expectations of what an Indian restaurant could and should be. Dishoom Covent Garden will be closed from New Year’s Day until summer 2020 for a redesign. We attempted to go to Dishoom for lunch one afternoon and was told it was a 45 minute wait. The Covent Garden Hotel is part of the collection of eight individual Firmdale Hotels in London.

When the day arrived and I got to the venue — Dishoom’s first location, opened in 2010 — my friends were already there. Titled Dishoom: From Bombay with Love, the book will also function as a love letter of sorts to old Bombay, focusing on the food, culture, and history of the city.

Dishoom store Our cookery book, gift coins, vinyl LP and CD. Dishoom may have expanded with further sites across London but the original branch on Upper St Martin’s Lane still pulls in the crowds.

Situated in the heart of London’s theatre district, Covent Garden Hotel is a 5-minute walk from the Royal Opera House, and surrounded by some of London’s best restaurants, bars and nightlife. Dishoom, a new, self-styled Bombay Café …

Dishoom, London: See 6,046 unbiased reviews of Dishoom, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #503 of 22,623 restaurants in London. Electronic vouchers An immediate gift for any recipient. The food is as reliably tasty as ever here - from that famous bacon naan in the morning to a chicken ruby at night - and the decor, based on a Bombay cafe-bar, splits proper sit down tables with a more comfortable lounge set-up. Finding Dishoom in Covent Garden is easy, just look for the line-up.

Contact us Say hello, leave feedback or get in touch with a café. The original Dishoom opened in Covent Garden in 2010, and it immediately changed Londoners’ expectations of what an Indian restaurant could and should be.

In the United Kingdom, Dishoom now pays homage to the Irani cafés and the food of Bombay. I painstakingly planned my visit as soon as I booked my flight from Boston to London — a table for six, months in advance. Because Dishoom is more than just a restaurant - it’s a phenomenon.