Fan brushes, as the name would imply, have a fan shaped tip.

These brushes are great for blending backgrounds and skies, as well as adding subtle highlights to darker areas. Scrape up any cling-ons with your 5-in-1 tool. Spin the brush for 10 seconds.

This is less of a problem with oil paint than with latex. Don't dismiss it as a brush unsuitable for fine art painting. (If the tray needs to be reused immediately, wash it in warm, soapy water instead.) A stencil brush is round with short, stiff hairs cut flat (rather than pointed).
For latex paint: The rest of the job is very easy—just let the paint dry completely, and peel it out of the tray.

Easy Paint Tool Sai Brushes.

If necessary, use a brush comb to get rid of paint clinging to the brush. The fan brush will become your new best friend if you’ve ever tried painting trees, grasses, shrubbery, or even abstract watery types of designs with acrylic paints. It comes with 4 angled brushes, 2 flat brushes, 2 filbert brushes, 5 round brushes, 1 fan brush and a rigger, for a total of 15 brushes.

Work any remaining paint out of the bristles. Vary your strokes in terms of length and spacing to get a natural looking feel. Mix in one brush load of cadmium yellow to one brush load of forest green. This set by Mont Marte lets you do this without having to invest a huge amount of money.

So using the whole grass option with a small as heck brush, then going over it with the grass 1 edge type, then I follow up with grass 2 and then grass 2 edge option. You can even use your fan brush if you are painting a waterfall! I now painted the left hand side foliage. Note: I found a few different brush packs with the same name so if you Google search “easy paint tool sai brushes” you might find more to work with.. They have a long handle which makes them easy to use in combination with an easel and the hairs are smooth and thick. It has potential for creating texture: foliage in a tree or clumps or grass, beard stubble on a face, or rust on a metal object. For oil paint: Wipe out the tray with a rag or paper towels. Painting Masses, Not Grasses – This is how I ultimately decided to paint my grass for the week.

In particular, I focused on using the fan brush in different ways to create grass. He provides simple instructions with pictures to demonstrate.

Use a brush-and-roller spinner after nearly all the paint solids are out of the brush. Dip the brush into a clean container of paint thinner. A fan brush can also be used for creating grass effects and other interesting ground and natural textures. How to paint Grass, Foliage, and Bushes in Watercolors With Tom Jones Description Join professional watercolorist Tom Jones for an exciting Free Video Art Lesson demonstrating his special techniques for painting grass, foliage and bushes, adding depth and realism to your landscapes. Using a detail brush flick the canvas with sharp upward and diagonal strokes to add highlights and individual blades of grass.

I usually use cut lawn, or grass 1 the shortest grass as the underlay. Notice the color variations from warm to cool.

This makes it easier to paint a stencil without getting paint under the edges.

But this page seems like the easiest brush pack to start with.

Paint grass textures with the fan brush by making short strokes going in different directions.

Watercolor painting of middle distance trees wtih a fan brush. It has a visual tutorial along with direct download links on the page. Get These Brushes.

Why I’m A Fan of the Fan Brush – A website run by artists that has painting tutorials and blog posts. Using the overall grass as low as you can make the brush size and using the border edge grass as well.

I used my fan brush for some of this and also used the side of a round watercolor brush to create the right hand edge of this foliage mass.