I have a small 2 bedroom condo (she's not allowed in the 2nd bedroom) and I have a very good sniffer. Inability to urinate. It is normal for a cat to go to his sandbox and pee several times a day depending on his age, race, and weight. There is a misconception, that because bitches bleed in heat, so do female cats.

For more, we recommend reading our article, my cat is bleeding from her private area. The question is not how long a cat can go without urinating; it depends on his eating habits. This is because the urine cannot be emptied from the bladder, which not only makes the cat very sick but can become fatal.

However, if a cat doesn’t pee for 72 hours, the problem might be related to cat’s bladder malfunctioning — you need to see a vet to save the cat from serious injury or death. The cat will often cry out in pain and become progressively more lethargic. Even if not acting lethargic, a cat that is not urinating may be at serious risk of metabolic waste products and toxin buildup. Just got home from work. She is drinking - I have seen her. These cats strain to urinate producing a few drops or no urine. More severe signs can develop in the blocked cat. If she was peeing somewhere I would smell it the minute I opened the door. Excessive grooming or licking of the genital region. "A cat urinary problem or changes in the way your cat urinates almost always indicates some type of medical problem. The term FLUTD or feline lower urinary tract disease is a term that refers to a number of conditions that affect the urinary tract and urethra such as cystitis, urolithiasis (urinary stones) , urethral obstruction (blockage), urethral plugs or cancer. This disease is common in both male and female cats. Urinating in unusual places such as on furniture, floors, and corners, called periuria. Anyone who loves cats or who befriends a cat lover has heard the affectionate (and not so affectionate) stories of cats using a new boyfriend’s (or girlfriend’s) pillow, shoe or laundry basket as a non-verbal communication site. Blockage also causes your feline companion intense pain. This, however, is not true. Primary Cause. She has not peed, at least not in the litter box. So now she hasn't peed in about 36 hours. Cats do not bleed when they are in heat. Due to anatomical differences, a blocked cat is almost always male. Dr. Cat Angle, DVM One of the most frustrating problems to have as a pet parent is having a cat who isn’t consistently using the litter box. Cystitis in cats manifests as an inflammation of the bladder that causes a lot of pain. That can't be normal. Cystitis in cats symptoms include difficulty urinating, meowing at the time of urination because of pain and bloody urine. A cat may not pee and still act normal for up to 48 hours, even if it’s drunk enough fluids and eaten adequate meal. If your cat has stopped peeing, you have to worry.