As a noun evangelist is (biblical) a writer of a gospel, especially the four new testament gospels (matthew, mark, luke, and john), (also evangelist). What is the difference between an elder and an evangelist? Tweets by EvangelistALB. The interesting thing is that not enough Christians know what each title means or the exact details of any position. by Shawn Brasseaux “What is the difference between a minister, a pastor, and an evangelist?” What a question and thank you for asking. I then had a dream where the Lord told me to read Mark 5. What is the difference between them in a non-denomination church/ministry? Recently my pastor had encouraged us to seek the Lord about what our gifts are, he said specifically ask about 3 gifts. Bible Answer: We will define the terms in the context of their New Testament usage since the terms have been distorted in our modern culture. Pastor, evangelist, and prophet are just a few of them. In … As a proper noun pastor is . Pastor is a related term of evangelist. The Evangelist - The Official Publication of the Diocese of Albany. Let us see what the Scriptures say. MINISTER “Minister” is a general term that means a “servant.” It is usually… The Evangelist, 40 North Main Ave., Albany, NY, 12203-1422 | PHONE: 518-453-6688| FAX: 518-453-8448 WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MINISTER, A PASTOR, AND AN EVANGELIST?