2.3.1 God gives Jonah a command and a message (3:1-4). PARAGRAPH DIVISIONS OF MODERN TRANSLATIONS. The prayer of Jonah. View Jonah .

When he was in trouble, under the tokens of God's displeasure against him for sin: when we are in affliction we must pray.

a. Vomited Jonah: Sometimes we don't have much of a choice about how we will be delivered.

2. Being kept alive by miracle, he prayed. Jonah might have preferred another method, but God had a purpose in this also.

Scripture references, Hebrew words, and … God is merciful, even when we turn from him.

NKJV: NRSV: TEV: NJB: Jonah's Prayer and Deliverance: Jonah Is Miraculously Saved 1:17-2:9: 1:17-2:10: Jonah…

Ver. Observe when Jonah prayed.

Commentary on Jonah 2. Also, where he prayed; in the belly of the fish. Home » The Study Bible Commentary Series, Old Testament » Eighth Century Minor Prophets: Amos, Hosea, Jonah And Micah. 11 Tuesday Oct 2011.

Introduction.

Jonah finally obeys God’s command to preach in Nineveh (3:1-10). Jonah was cast into the deep, allowed to suffer, and the waves and currents of God engulfed him, demonstrating God’s power and will. (b.c. We are familiar with the climactic theme of the book of Jonah, namely that God’s compassion is not for chosen Israelites alone, but for all sinful men. Jonah 2:3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me. (10) . Jonah 2 Commentary, this large five-volume commentary is still read today and known for its pithy statements and quotable prose Posted by dfduncombe in Biblical Studies ≈ Leave a comment. From the series: Eighth Century Minor Prophets: Amos, Hosea, Jonah And Micah PREVIOUS PAGE | NEXT PAGE Jonah 2.

2.3.3 God demonstrates mercy to Nineveh as a result of their repentance (3:10).

The present publication is set up in two columns to the page with the text of the Authorized Version reproduced at the top. 840.) John Trapp Complete Commentary. 2:1-9 Observe when Jonah prayed. (10b) Jonah is expelled from the fish.

7. Introduction. 2. When he was in trouble, under the tokens of God's displeasure against him for sin: when we are in affliction we must pray.

Chapter 2.
Interpretation, Evaluation and Appropriation of Jonah 2.

Being kept alive by miracle, he prayed. 11 Tuesday Oct 2011. He is delivered from the fish.

Salvation (Jonah 2), Commentary.
Verses 1-9 Observe when Jonah prayed. Jonah 2:7 When my soul fainted within me I remembered the LORD: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple.

Interpretation, Evaluation and Appropriation of Jonah 2. Jonah 2 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary is from the most widely read and often quoted preacher in history, Charles Haddon Spurgeon 4. Jonah 2:2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, [and] thou heardest my voice. Jonah's Prayer; The Prophet in the Fish's Belly. The prayer of Jonah. Jonah’s prayer resembles some of the psalms of David. Jonah 2 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this verse-by-verse commentary contain gems of information found nowhere outside the ancient Jewish writings 2.3.2 Nineveh repents as a result of hearing Jonah’s message (3:5-9). A sense of God's good-will to us, notwithstanding our offences, opens the lips in prayer, which were closed with the dread of wrath.

1 Then Jonah prayed unto the Lord his God out of the fish's belly, 2 And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the Lord, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice. Ver.