The second is homes which is the special directory on the account which users are allowed to access using Samba. In the “Advanced Sharing” window that opens, enable the “Share this folder” option, and … If you cannot open/map network shared folders on your NAS, Samba Linux server, computers with old Windows versions (Windows 7/XP/Server 2003) from Windows 10, most likely the problem is that legacy and insecure versions of the SMB protocol are disabled in the latest Windows 10 builds (SMB protocol is used in Windows to access shared network folders and files). Or you could enable NFS or better yet, as we will discuss here, use SAMBA and share entire folders, allowing you to simply save to a shared folder making the file / folder visible from other PC's on your network. Open File Explorer and select This PC. I have a SAMBA network share on a WD NAS drive, with login credentials, named "bobloblaw". In my case, it is centos. 3 Regular Microsoft support for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 has ended. I am using the hostname of the Samba server. 2 Windows Server, versions 1809, 1903, and 1909. However now it is not working for the Windows 10 PC (but still ok on my Windows 7 PC), returning:----- To access the Samba share from Windows Explorer, start typing the IP address to our share in the search area. A computer using Windows 8. Move to PC directory in explorer, Select "Map Network drive". In the resulting screen (Figure B), click Choose a custom network location (the only option) and then click Next… It is possible to purchase additional support for security updates only through the Extended Security Update (ESU) program.We strongly recommend migrating off of these operating systems. If mapping network drive, windows 10 will connect to samba automatically when user login. Shared files can be accessible for reading and writing to others.

Open up File Explorer and then right-click on This PC (in the left pane). Entries in event logs indicate that the cause seems to be that Windows 10 1709 disabled guest access. The second is homes which is the special directory on the account which users are allowed to access using Samba.

To map the drive in your list of drives in Windows, right click My Computer and select Map network drive Next, give it a drive letter and put the share’s address in. I am trying to access it from my laptop running Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, via WiFi, on the local network. If you cannot open/map network shared folders on your NAS, Samba Linux server, computers with old Windows versions (Windows 7/XP/Server 2003) from Windows 10, most likely the problem is that legacy and insecure versions of the SMB protocol are disabled in the latest Windows 10 builds (SMB protocol is used in Windows to access shared network folders and files). I can access it from my laptop by typing "\\bobloblaw" in the File Explorer.

That has been working for years. Shared printers can be used for printing on the remote computer. 2. 1 Windows 10, versions 1507, 1607, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, and 1909. I have tried on both Windows 7 and Windows 8 (various native and virtualized copies) with no success. Move to PC directory in explorer, Select "Map Network drive".
This time, mapping to \\192.168.11.67\share. A few PCs that have Windows 10 1709 installed (instead of upgraded from 1703) are having trouble connecting to network shares running on Samba (Ubuntu 17.10).

Let's see how to view all network shares available on a computer in your network.
We will therefore do two things over the network in this post using SAMBA: Mount Windows shared folders on Linux. The first is www, the public_html directory in which Web page files are kept. Windows 10 allows the user to share his or her locally connected printers and stored files with other users over the network. Figure A A new wizard will open, one that will walk you through the process of creating a shortcut for a new network location within File Explorer. Click the Map network drive drop-down in the ribbon menu at the top, then select "Map network drive." The first is www, the public_html directory in which Web page files are kept. Note that this is whatever you named the share heading in /etc/samba/smb.conf and not necessarily its …