Rose is one of the most used names in double-barrelled names. Alice: Alice is a traditional name that has hundreds of middle names that match it perfectly. Double baby names, such as Mary-Ann or John Patrick, have a deep-rooted tradition in the southern United States.Using two names as a first name … Esmae Rose was given to 16 girls. By Jerome London Updated August 9, 2018. Maybe 90 minutes south in Richmond it would have happened, but even in the ’70s, double names had confined themselves to the Southern region almost exclusively. Southern Girl Names: Names reflect the behavior of your children, so it is important to pay enough attention to naming our baby at the time of her birth.If you are living in South and want to give your baby girl a Southern name, you are on right place. If you know in your heart that your little girl is destined to be an old soul, read through this list of old-fashioned girl names now. I knew one double-named person my entire life before I moved further south. 1. Southern baby names are charming and timeless, and never go out of style. It’s actually a Southern tradition to choose two monikers for your newborn, and it’s totally trending. I grew up in Northern Virginia, which was a bit too far north to know people with double names. It also lends itself well to the ever-southern tradition of double names, like Bette-Sue or Bette-Ann. Btw-- I'm partial to Nora Anne.

And it wouldn’t be the South without nicknames, now would it? Southern names, whether for girls or boys, evoke grace and tradition. They’re charming and full of history and emotion and indicate thoughtful parents and kids bound for success. Southern baby names strike the right balance between unique and established, and those with them neither blend in with the crowd nor warrant teasing . RELATED: 18 Southern Baby Names … These old fashioned girl names are the best way to channel an era past when naming your daughter. These Southern names are created by a choosing a traditional name and combining it with a family name. 2. If you're looking for a Southern baby name for your future cowboy or cowgirl, here's The Bump's list of baby girl and baby boy names as sweet as sweet tea and apple cobbler. You don't have to live in the South (or be a cowboy) to love these southern baby names for boys and girls inspired by famous by country superstars, charming cities, beautiful landscapes, and more. Want your baby’s name to be original? Today I am going to share 100+ Southern Girl Names … In the year 2014, there were as many as 245 variations of this name, ranging from Amelia Rose, which was given to 225 girls to Summer-Rose, which was given to 59 girls.