My tour in Vietnam did not get off to an auspicious start. They stood on opposite sides of the Vietnam divide, the student opposing the war in which the infantryman fought. My tour in Vietnam did not get off to an auspicious start. They stood on opposite sides of the Vietnam divide, the student opposing the war in which the infantryman fought. Next, see what the Vietnam War looked like for those who fought it in this CBS News footage that captured a battle in action in the jungles of Vietnam near Cambodia in March 1970: After viewing the Vietnam War photos above, have a look at two of the era's most iconic images: "Napalm Girl" and the Saigon execution . Not that the Nazis have a monopoly on bizarrely creepy wartime horror or anything. The main problem with most of those books is the complete lack of Vietnamese voices. 5 Scary Ghost Stories Guaranteed to Give You Nightmares Creepypasta Audio Horror Anthology - Duration: 2:27:21. Many accounts are, similarly to the case of the Rock Apes, of a decidedly cryptozoological nature.

Chilling Tales for Dark Nights 134,345 views 2:27:21 Vietnam: One Soldier's Story From the Collection: Vietnam War.

Hell, not all of the perpetrators are members of any army at all -- for instance, here is a story about some nice Hungarian women on the home front who secretly and systematically poisoned 300 fucking people. Real and disturbing vietnam veteran and related ghost stories to keep you from sleeping. The military can hold nightmares all by itself.

But a fact that’s commonly left out is why the Vietnamese actually did it. Rick Fox was 19 years old when he landed in Vietnam in July 1967 for a one-year tour. That’s a lot of people and a lot of heartache. Chilling Tales for Dark Nights 166,322 views 2:36:13 The reason was simply to break the will of the soldiers they’d captured. The Vietnam War killed more than 58,000 Americans. "The Body Farm" creepypasta by Brian Martinez (performed by Jason Hill) - Full 10-Part Story - Duration: 2:36:13. Regardless of what you thought about the Vietnam war, the fact is 2,709,918 Americans served in Vietnam, representing almost 10% of their (very large) generation. Shortly before Dave deployed, he … Lodged deep in the jungle west of Da Nang, South Vietnam’s second largest city, the prison camp—or camps, for it was a moveable horror—was not easily imagined by a generation that had grown up watching World War II movies. 40% to 60% of those were either in combat, provided close support or were regularly exposed to enemy attack.

I was given command of a three-man 60mm mortar squad in the 3rd Marine Division’s Alpha Company, 1st Battalion, 9th Marines. Published: 23:42 EDT, 25 January 2013 | Updated: 07:55 EDT, 26 January 2013 AskReddit Reddit Soldiers Veterans Vietnam War War Veterans WWII When what you need is a message of hope… Find the goodness of this moment—in a book, in powerful words, in a comforting image, through the writers and artists you love and all that you hold dear. First of all, even though I was a new guy, I was promoted to corporal soon after I arrived in-country in January 1967.

As we recognize the 50th anniversary of this tragic conflict, USC Dornsife scholars challenge this one-sided perspective, re-examining the legacy of what even the Vietnamese refer to as “The American War.” By Susan Bell - December 15, 2016