3 Comments Click here to read/write comments.
Learn about our academics, admissions, campus life, and how to donate. Zaid Shakir, a cofounder of Zaytuna College, is a prominent American Muslim scholar. It's been a Real Joy "Zaytuna Farm is an amazing place with amazing teachers like Geoff Lawton, Darren Hey and Ben Cains. Zaytuna College aims to foster a holistic environment of learning where inquiry, transmission, and debate take place as a way of life inside and outside the classroom.

Read More . Understand the goals of this department, when to take the courses… Zaytuna College First Day of Classes and Inaugural Convocation. Creedal Theology is a course taught in the Spring semester of Freshman year. Students of Arabic at Zaytuna College are required to have completed the Arabic summer intensive, or its equivalent at another institution, prior to starting at Zaytuna College. In the academic year 2014-2015, Zaytuna College had an undergraduate student body of about fifty students, most of whom live on campus. Classes at Zaytuna College | This class introduces the student to Hanafi Fiqh, the foundation of Muslim law as the basis for a life of devotion and servitude to God as envisioned in the school of Imam Abu Hanifah. Zaytuna College offers courses on Islamic History, English Composition, Islamic Theology, Islamic Law, and Arabic. Get Arabic course descriptions under Zaytuna College's Bachelor’s Degree in Islamic Law and Theology.

Zaytuna College offers one major, in Islamic Law and Theology, with courses ranging from Arabic grammar and Islamic jurisprudence, to American history and literature.

He has taught courses in Arabic, Islamic spirituality, contemporary Muslim thought, Islamic history and politics, and Shafi’i fiqh at the College.

The students will learn about the reasons Muslim schools of law evolved and the nature and rationale of the legal schools. Zaytuna College was the first accredited Muslim college in the United States that was founded in Berkeley, California. Posted by Zaytuna Staff on Dec 16, 2016 2:23:06 PM Tweet . Classes at Zaytuna College | This class introduces the student to Hanafi Fiqh, the foundation of Muslim law as the basis for a life of devotion and servitude to God as envisioned in the school of Imam Abu Hanifah.

Get an in-depth description of each course that is … "I would definitely recommend Zaytuna Farms PDC course, you can get content anywhere, but I feel that here I'm following the lineage of Bill Mollison and Geoff Lawton and this is the only place I can get that."
Zaytuna’s bachelor of arts program is founded on an integral liberal arts curriculum, consisting of courses from both the Islamic and Western traditions of higher learning. Zaytuna College's Masters Degree in Islamic Texts curriculum includes 3 categories; Skills, Philosophy-Theology, and Islamic Law.

It also offers a Summer Arabic Intensive program.