On April 6, 1896, the Olympic Games, a long-lost tradition of ancient Greece, are reborn in Athens 1,500 years after being banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius I. They were held in the land known as Olympia where various worship ceremonies were held in combination with some sports. Full of blood, passion and extraordinary feats of athletic endeavour, the Olympic Games were the sporting, social and cultural highlight of the Ancient Greek calendar for almost 12 centuries. The temple of a god known as Zeus was built in the Olympia town overlooking the natural and magnificent Olympia Valley. During the games, the participants displayed a combination of physical and spiritual character. The 1896 Summer Olympics (Greek: Θερινοί Ολυμπιακοί Αγώνες 1896, romanized: Therinoí Olympiakoí Agónes 1896), officially known as the Games of the I Olympiad, was the first international Olympic Games held in modern history.

The first ancient Olympic Games can be traced back to Olympia in 776 BC.

At the opening of the Athens Games, King Georgios I of Greece and a crowd of 60,000 spectators welcomed athletes from 13 nations to the international competition. Organised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), which had been created by Pierre de Coubertin, it was held in Athens, Greece, from 6 to 15 April 1896.

Olympics began as a religious festival to appraise the gods back in the year 776 BC. Surprisingly, the first participants in the first-ever Olympic games were all

The first Winter Olympics were held in 1924 in Chamonix, France.