Rudolph was considered the fastest woman in the world in the 1960s and competed in two Olympic Games, in 1956 and in 1960. I will ask the students if they know who Wilma Rudolph is. At the age of six, she was fitted with a metal leg brace and told she would never walk again. Read all poems of Wilma Rudolph and infos about Wilma Rudolph. She had to wear a heavy brace and an ugly, hateful shoe. This left her with limited use of her left leg and she wore a brace until age nine. The "fastest woman in the world" at the 1960 Olympics where she won three gold medals, Wilma Rudolph wore metal braces on her legs as a child.

On Nov. 12, 1994, Wilma Rudolph died of a brain tumor at the age of 54. Wilma Rudolph’s Olympic Glory Wilma Glodean Rudolph rose from disability to Olympic glory. Wilma-Rudolph-Oberschule Am Hegewinkel 2a 14169 Berlin. Her autobiography, "Wilma Rudolph on Track", was a bestseller, and in 1977 it became a television movie, starring Cicely Tyson. This song is available on Jonathan Sprout's American Heroes #3. Each pace, each step, she scraped and clunked. She was an African American sprinter and first American woman to win three Olympic gold medals. I will display books about Wilma Rudolph, including Wilma Unlimited. As a young child she was paralysed by polio, and contracted both scarlet fever and double pneumonia. At age of twenty, she finished first in the 100-meter dash in the 1960 Olympics. Many doctors felt she would never walk again, yet she always believed otherwise. I will ask the students if they know who Wilma Rudolph is. Born prematurely Wilma Rudolph suffered many serious childhood illnesses, which weakened her and caused one foot to turn in.

She became the first African American women to win three gold medals in a single Olympic Games. The "fastest woman in the world" at the 1960 Olympics where she won three gold medals, Wilma Rudolph wore metal braces on her legs as a child.

I will then read the poem. Phenomenal Woman, Still I Rise, The Road Not Taken, If You Forget Me, Dreams

Wilma Rudolph was the 20th of 22 children. Wilma had worked her way through school and later became a coach and teacher.
On this date in 1940, Wilma Rudolph was born. I ran and ran and ran every day, and I acquired this sense of determination, this sense of spirit that I … Poem Hunter all poems of by Wilma Rudolph poems. Known for her dignity and grace, Wilma Rudolph died of … A slender 5 feet 11 inches, Wilma Rudolph can command a look of mingled graciousness and hauteur that suggests a duchess but, in a crowd that is … About this Poem. I will display books about Wilma Rudolph, including Wilma Unlimited. By the time she was 12, she … Tel: (030) 90299-6464/-6794 Fax: (030) 90299-6766 E-Mail:

She had to wear a heavy brace and an ugly, hateful shoe.
Wilma Glodean Rudolph was an American athlete and an Olympic champion. In the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome Rudolph became the first American woman to win three gold medals in track and field during a single Olympic Games. Wilma Glodean Rudolph (June 23, 1940 – November 12, 1994) was an American athlete. Wilma's greatest pride was her four children. Each pace, each step, she scraped and clunked. Born in Bethlehem, TN., Wilma Glodean Rudolph had suffered from scarlet fever, double pneumonia, and polio as a child. Rudolph was considered the fastest woman in the world in the 1960s and competed in two Olympic Games, in 1956 and in 1960. I will then read the poem. Wilma Rudolph By Ann Whitford Paul One leg was bent; her foot turned in.