Digital photography is the process of transferring light energy, carried by photons, into digital information, which can be processed and displayed by computers and cameras in the form of digital images. I'm not sure which one I like more, but the LAB saturation seems more natural.

Light also contains the ability to produce color. Programs like Adobe Photoshop give you tools, like color models, to analyze the saturation of your original image. Color is produced by specific energies or frequencies of light, known as visible light.

The purest color is achieved by using just one wavelength at a high intensity, such as in laser light. Instantly transform the quality of your digital photography. The basic color terms hue, saturation, and brightness are each used to describe color (Adobe, 2005a).

Saturation is the difference of a color against its own brightness. One of the more interesting capabilities of curves is the ability to bump color saturation and achieve a "Digital Velvia" effect. The definition of color is a component of light which is separated when it is reflected off of an object. I have to admit, color saturation was always confusing to me. I tried it today on some photos and it seems to give different results than in RGB mode. Digital editing: Digital editing is where most professional photographers adjust saturation coverage and fine tune the original color in their images. Saturation is a very important aspect in photography, perhaps as important as contrast.In addition to our eyes being naturally attracted to vibrant tones, colors have their own unique way of telling a story that plays a crucial part in making a photograph. Any advice on the best way to do it? Does anyone recommend increasing the saturation in LAB mode?

The saturation of a color is determined by a combination of light intensity and how much it is distributed across the spectrum of different wavelengths. Chroma is the difference of a color against the brightness of another color which appears white under similar viewing conditions. As you apply your knowledge of hue and color terms to digital photography, it will be helpful to understand how they appear in common color models. For a matte affect, raise vibrance (to saturate unsaturated colors), and lowering saturation (to lower already saturated colors).

Color saturation problems on D60 in Canon EOS Digital Cameras ... Photography-on-the.net Digital Photography Forums is the website for photographers and all who love great photos, camera and post processing techniques, gear talk, discussion and sharing. Take stunning shots each and every time. What Is Color Saturation? If the intensity drops, so does the saturation. {Saturation} Saturation is a uniform bumping up the intensity of all colors in your shot, regardless of the starting point of the colors. This can result in clipping (over saturation of certain colors which results in loss of detail in those areas) and over saturation of skin tones leaving them looking too orange and unnatural. Every time I used the slider in Lightroom, it was 50/50 if I guessed right and got my desired effect. For a faux HDR look, try using high saturation and vibrance, very low highlights, very high (raised) shadows, blacks and clarity, lowering the luminace of a color and then raising its saturation.