U.S. provided all of the aviation assets for this operation.

As Lam Son became bogged down
Lam Son 719 - JAN-MARCH 1971. When we found something, the camera operator would unlock the camera and photo it as we held a pattern around it. The action occurred during February and March, 1971. Lam Son 719 was designed as a test of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam's ability to carry on the war despite the US drawdown. That Day I had just returned from the states to report to my new assignment with the 48th AHC.

Lam Son 719 was designed as a test of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam's ability to carry on the war despite the US drawdown.

Lam Son 719 - JAN-MARCH 1971.

Because of the South Vietnamese need for security which precluded thorough planning, an inability by the political and military leaders of the U.S. and South Vietnam to face military realities, and poor execution, Operation Lam Son 719 collapsed when faced by the determined resistance of a skillful foe. President Thieu proclaimed Lam Son 719 “the biggest victory ever … a moral, political, and psychological Dien Bien Phu.” President Nixon, in a televised address to the nation, stated, “Tonight I can report [that] Vietnamization has succeeded.” In fact, Lam Son 719 was far from a victory. The aim was to rout out the NVA, destroy their supply bases and disrupt the Ho Chi Minh Trail with the goal of setting … As Lam Son became bogged down The aim was to rout out the NVA, destroy their supply bases and disrupt the Ho Chi Minh Trail with the goal of setting … 1.264 (14).

Lam Son 719 was a major operation of the Army of the Republic of South Vietnam, ARVN, into Laos from 30 Jan - 24 Mar 1971. Bẻ gãy Cuộc Hành quân Lam Sơn 719 của VNCH - Duration: 20:34.
As a veteran of Lam Son 719, he understood how many other veterans felt about the little known invasion of the Ho Chi Minh Trail in Laos. Lam Son 719 . Win win Việt Nam 127,751 views Lam Son 719 was a major operation of the Army of the Republic of South Vietnam, ARVN, into Laos from 30 Jan - 24 Mar 1971.

U.S. provided all of the aviation assets for this operation.

President Thieu proclaimed Lam Son 719 “the biggest victory ever … a moral, political, and psychological Dien Bien Phu.” President Nixon, in a televised address to the nation, stated, “Tonight I can report [that] Vietnamization has succeeded.” In fact, Lam Son 719 was far from a victory. The movie camera was mounted like a minigun, when locked in it would take pictures of whatever we flew over. Documentary on Operation Lam Son 719 during the Vietnam War.

Lam Son 719. When I arrived back in country fellow aviators had somber faces when I expressed that I was en route to the 48th to finish out my remaining 4 months in my tour. The movie camera was mounted like a minigun, when locked in it would take pictures of whatever we flew over. When we found something, the camera operator would unlock the camera and photo it as we held a pattern around it. Documentary on Operation Lam Son 719 during the Vietnam War.

Lam Son 719.