Earlier this year, Hamilton revealed to PEOPLE exclusively that his … However, this time was different. Scott Hamilton Scott Hamilton may have reached the heights of fame as an Olympic gold medal-winning figure skater, but surviving testicular cancer and a brain tumor … In addition to testicular cancer, Hamilton has been diagnosed with a brain tumor on three separate occasions, beginning in 2004. Hamilton is definitely an expert on the subject, he's persevered through 3 brain tumors and overcome testicular cancer. Now he works to improve cancer care through his Scott Hamilton CARES Foundation. While the diagnosis sounds bleak -- … “Seven years later I was diagnosed with a pituitary brain tumor, and then it came back six years later in 2010 and that time they did surgery. Scott Hamilton faced testicular cancer back in 1997. With a great attitude, aggressive chemotherapy and surgery, Hamilton was back on the ice within months of his diagnosis.
Then again, I also wouldn’t have accepted that I would have not two, but one testicle. “I survived [testicular] cancer in 1997,” said Hamilton, an Olympic gold medal figure skater. "I feel 100 percent confident," he said at the time, "that I can overcome this disease." Hamilton battled testicular cancer in 1997, a brain tumor in 2004, a second brain tumor in 2010, only to receive a third brain tumor diagnosis in 2016.
“Last round, in … The gold medalist beat testicular cancer in 1997, and three benign brain tumors – in 2004, 2010, and in August 2016. Gold Medal figure-skating champ Scott Hamilton became part of an ominous trend in March 1997, when he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Scott Hamilton had heard it before: cancer. He points to professional cyclist Lance Armstrong and Olympic figure skater Scott Hamilton as two well-known examples of young, healthy men who are testicular cancer survivors. In 2014, he founded the Scott Hamilton … After Facing His Own Testicular Cancer Battle, Olympian Scott Hamilton Wants to Improve Cancer Outcomes for Others Three years ago, if someone had told me that I would have conducted interviews with not one, but two Olympians, I wouldn’t have believed them. Dr. Basu recalls Steve as being positive and upbeat from the beginning, and he applauds his attitude and outlook on the situation.