A noted dancer. Awards • In 1971, won Filmfare Best Actress Award for Kati Patang. Asha Parekh is the daughter of Bachubhai Parekh and Sudha Parekh. • In 2002, awarded Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award.

Asha Parekh was born on 2 October 1942 (Age 76 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai.

• In 1992, awarded Padma Shre by the Government of India.

There she learned from many teachers including Pandit Bansilal Bharati. Asha Parekh was born in a middle-class Gujarati household to a Hindu father, Pranlal Parekh, and a Muslim mother Sudha Parekh on October 2, 1942 in India.

He kept tabs on when I came, when I left.

Asha Parekh, Actress: Kati Patang. Find Asha Parekh Latest News, Videos & Pictures on Asha Parekh and see latest updates, news, information from NDTV.COM.

Director and producer of hit TV shows like Kora Kagaz and Kangan. She was the highest paid actress of her time and was one of the most successful actresses of the 1960s and 1970s. She is considered one of the most influential actresses of all time in Hindi cinema. She has won several awards for best actress and she also honoured with padma shri in 1992. Asha Parekh was born in a middle-class Gujarati household to a Hindu father, Pranlal Parekh, and a Muslim mother Sudha Parekh on October 2, 1942 in India. Her Zodiac sign is Libra.Her mother enrolled her in Indian classical dance classes at an early age. Since she was an only child, she became the center of her parents' lives.

Recalling a creepy Chinese fan, she said: “I used to get fan mail by the gunny bags. Asha Parekh is an Indian film actress, director, and producer who appeared in many commercially successful films throughout her career.

Because Asha Parekh has gone way beyond the paradigm of stardom and its engulfing halo.

Naturally, I started getting scared. Asha Parekh enjoyed a humongous fan following in that age and era.

Explore more on Asha Parekh. There was this Chinese fellow, who had plonked himself near my gate and just wouldn’t go.

Since she was an only child, she became the center of her parents' lives.

In 1992, she was honoured with the Padma Shri by the Government of India for her contribution to the field of cinema. Asha Parekh impressed her audience through films, Akhand Saubhagyavati, Chirag, Kati Patang, Udhar Ka Sindoor, Main Tulsi Tere Aangan Ki etc.