Splatoon 2 ’s new Salmon Run game mode was the emphasis of Wednesday’s Nintendo Direct, but that’s not the only piece of multiplayer news for the summer’s Nintendo Switch exclusive.

In this article, you'll learn how to start a 1-on-1 multiplayer local battle.

Update: Now that Splatoon 2 has arrived we can confirm that the game doesn’t offer local multiplayer on a single Nintendo Switch. In Battle Dojo, you can play 1-on-1 battles against a friend. One player plays on the Wii U GamePad while the other plays on the TV. If you want a good local multiplayer game where everyone can play on the same screen and onlx needs one Joy Con controller or Pro Controller, get Super Bomberman R. If the first Splatoon's very limited splitscrern mode is any indication, Splatoon 2 will either have no splitscreen at all or a verx limited option.
Both Splatoon for Wii U and its sequel, Splatoon 2 for Nintendo Switch, are tailored to online multiplayer experiences. Chenmaster2 5 years ago #2 You can still go in at 12PM PST. The winner is the player … We became friends on Splatoon 2 a little over a year ago. I was going through my new multiple sclerosis diagnosis; I was unemployed, unable to walk, and depressed.

Splatoon 2 is a primarily online, multiplayer experience that pits squads of squid-human hybrids against one another in turf warfare. Oddly enough, however, actually playing with your real life Inkling pals can be a confusing and difficult process thanks to restrictions that prevent friends from teaming up in certain game types or at specific times.

Note.
Multiplayer is pretty much the only way to unlock anything or play the meat of the game. Eagle-eyed redditors recently noticed something on the game’s official page that rules out split-screen play of any kind..

Yes there is local multiplayer but no split screen because the Wii U does not support more than one Gamepad.

There's no solo game mode in which you play matches against AI-controlled opponents, the only single player content is the story mode, which is a glorified practice course that …

You joined on me, always celebrated when we were on the same team. We still play now and then, if we're on at the same time.